[HealthLiteracy 1839] Canadian Public Health Association's Expert Panel Report

Sue Sullivan

ssullivan at cpha.ca
Tue Mar 11 16:13:26 EDT 2008

CPHA recently published A Vision for A Health Literate Canada: Report of the Expert Panel on Health Literacy. The panel was formed in 2006 and reviewed the scope of health literacy, current interventions and systemic and individual barriers, and made recommendations for follow-up.

The report and a summary can be downloaded from CPHA's Health Literacy portal:
http://www.cpha.ca/en/portals/h-l.aspx <http://www.cpha.ca/en/portals/h-l.aspx> (English)
http://www.cpha.ca/fr/portals/h-l.aspx (French).

We also have developed general principles for a successful national strategy for health literacy: Priorities for Action: Outcomes from the National Symposium on Health Literacy. This can also be downloaded from our Web site through the links above.

Susan Sullivan
Manager, Outreach Strategy on Health Literacy
Gestionnaire, Stratégie de sensibilisation à la littératie
en matière de santé
Canadian Public Health Association
Association canadienne de santé publique
400 - 1565 Carling
Ottawa, ON K1Z 8R1
613.725.3769 x168