[NIFL-ESL:10521] Re: software

From: David Rosen (djrosen@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Nov 01 2004 - 15:02:55 EST

Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 15:02:55 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: David Rosen <djrosen@comcast.net>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:10521] Re: software

Hi Dottie,

There isn't a lot.  Your concern that beginners need to communicate
with humans is right.  Software can sometimes supplement face-to-face,
however. Two of the best-known and most widely used software products
that offer beginning level ESOL are ELLIS ( fairly costly) and Rosetta
Stone.

I have put together an extensive list of recommended software, free and
downloadable.  You'll find it at:

	http://home.comcast.net/~djrosen/softwarelist.html

Another resource that may be helpful is websites of reviews (by adult
ed teachers and adult learners) at

	http://alri.org/litlist/software.html

David J. Rosen
djrosen@comcast.net