[HealthLiteracy 1949] regarding informed consent

Jane Lincoln

jmacflincoln at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 15:26:37 EDT 2008

A lurker chiming in here.

I know of a small company that obtained an NIH small business innovative
research grant to develop an online, multimedia consent tool. To encourage
understanding, the resulting software called ConsentSolutions includes
translation and narration, embedded explanation and self-assessment. The
software was developed to be used with cancer clinical trials but can apply
to any trial. You can see a demonstration at www.consentsolutions.com. The
online nature of the beast can be accessed any number of ways, since not
everyone has access to a computer. Anyway, its another approach.

For full disclosure, let me say that I once worked for a sister company
called HealthMark Multimedia.

Jane Lincoln, MSW
Health Section, Outreach & Services
AARP

All the arts we practice are apprenticeship. The big art is our life.
M.C.Richards