[HealthLiteracy 2575] Wednesday Question: Navigating Resource Sites

Julie McKinney

julie_mcKinney at worlded.org
Wed Dec 17 12:10:23 EST 2008

Hi Everyone,

My question today is about using websites that list resources. There are
a lot of them out there and we use them to find information, research,
curricula, best practices, etc. I would like to know what you think
helps make these sites easy to navigate and most helpful to you.

For example:

Annotations:
Do they help? Long ones/short ones? Do you read them or just click on
the links?

Categorizing:
What works best? Do you differentiate between curricula and single
lesson plans? Or between research reports and articles? Should resources
be cross-referenced?

Links to Other Resource Lists:
How far do you want to go?

I'm sure there are other issues, so please answer whatever you feel is
relevant to helping each other create resource sites that are easy and
useful.

All the best,
Julie

Julie McKinney