[HealthLiteracy 2298] Health Literacy training for public health professionals

tmbessette at comcast.net

Fri Sep 12 10:18:25 EDT 2008

Greetings all,

I am a second year MPH candidate at Southern CT State University who is researching the knowledge, attitudes and skills that pertain to health literacy among practicing public health professionals in the state of Connecticut. I have two questions that I would like to pose to this group:
1) Does anyone know of an instrument available that might be used to assess this information in this population? A review of the literature indicates that I may have to develop an instrument in which case I will most grateful for any input from members of this group.

2) Does anyone know of health literacy training programs directed towards public health professionals that are presently available?

Thank you,

Theresa Bessette
Second year MPH Candidate
Southern Connecticut State University