[NIFL-ESL:10913] Re: Help needed recruiting students for ESL

From: Melinda Hefner (mhefner@cccti.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 03 2005 - 15:55:27 EDT

Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 15:55:27 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Melinda Hefner" <mhefner@cccti.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:10913] Re: Help needed recruiting students for ESL

Again, I must thank everyone who so generously responded to my pleas for
help.

Our program is free to all students, and our students do not have to
purchase any materials or books.  Those are provided to them free of
charge as well.  We have both on campus classes and off campus classes
as well as an ESL Language Lab on campus.  Some of our ESL classes are
coupled with Family Literacy classes and childcare is provided.  We are
not having enrollment problems with those classes.  It's the on campus
classes as well as stand alone ESL classes off campus that we're
concerned with.

Thanks for your help!

Melinda

>>> tommy.mcdonell@nyu.edu 5/31/2005 3:56:51 PM >>>
Can you tell us about your program--is it free, what its main purpose
is
etc. Then perhaps all of us would be able to share stories. I used to
run an
esl program but without more knowledge I don't want to waste anyone's
time.

Tommy B. McDonell
Doctoral Candidate, Steinhardt School of Education
tbr202@nyu.edu
Adjunct, Marymount Manhattan College
Adjunct, City College of New York-Graduate Education

H: 212-929-6768, before 10PM
F: 212-929-1129