[HealthLiteracy 2308] Basic health information websites in multiple languages

Charles Jackson

cjackson at humana.com
Tue Sep 16 12:56:49 EDT 2008

In July, I requested a list of websites with basic health information
websites in multiple languages. Several members of this Discussion List
kindly responded. I am confident that there are other sites not yet
identified, but here is the list so far:

healthinfotranslations.org, healthyroadsmedia.org, ethnomed.org,
rhin.org/health_info.aspx, and possibly refugees.org (my company
firewall has blocked that site from my research efforts).

For print information in multiple languages, people suggested:

hesperian.org/publications_translation.php

iha4health.org is the site for Institute for Healthcare Advancement; they
publish a series called "What to do for Health" at 3rd to 5th grade level.

Thanks to all who responded to my July request.

Charles Jackson
Project Manager
Humana Foundation, 500 W. Main St., Louisville, KY 40202
502-580-1245 telephone\voice-mail
502-580-1256 fax

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain CONFIDENTIAL material. If you receive this material/information in error, please contact the sender and delete or destroy the material/information.