[HealthLiteracy 2306] Health Literacy Month events

Helen Osborne

helen at healthliteracy.com
Mon Sep 15 17:11:19 EDT 2008

Hello all,

As you likely know, October is Health Literacy Month. In fact, this will be our 10th year of collectively raising awareness about the need for understandable health information.

I am aware of several specific events taking place in October but know there are many more. I encourage you to add yours to our event database at www.healthliteracymonth.org. This database not only is a way to gather and exchange ideas but also make clear to the world the many ways that organizations and communities are raising awareness about health literacy.

You can add your Health Literacy Month event by going to http://www.healthliteracy.com/hl_month_event_insert.asp. But please, no ads (yes, I can -- and sometimes do -- veto submissions). Events should genuinely relate to health literacy and help further the cause of "finding the right words for better health."

Thanks for being health literacy advocates!
~Helen

Helen Osborne, M.Ed., OTR/L
President of Health Literacy Consulting
Founder of Health Literacy Month
www.healthliteracy.com & www.healthliteracymonth.org
helen at healthliteracy.com & 508-653-1199
Speaker, Author, Plain Language Writer & Editor