[HealthLiteracy 2053] Health Literacy Assessment Survey

Matt Gayer

mcggayer at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 5 18:18:38 EDT 2008

Hello All-
I am health literacy intern this summer at a county health department in Missouri. My first goal is to assess the current health literacy rate of the county so we can identify strengths and weaknesses, then prepare an implementation plan tailored to best fit the community. In order to assess current health literacy, I proposed that a survey of some sort would probably be necessary in order to formulate our initial research. I have been able to thus far find any examples of such a survey/questionnaire, and was wondering if anyone had used/created one or knew from where I could find one. I very much appreciate any help with this as I prepare to begin the first steps in our new health literacy program. Thank you.