[NIFL-TECHNOLOGY:2826] possibly useful software deals

From: Jeff Carter (jcarter@worlded.org)
Date: Thu May 08 2003 - 16:56:25 EDT

Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 16:56:25 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-technology@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Jeff Carter <jcarter@worlded.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-technology@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-TECHNOLOGY:2826] possibly useful software deals

Hi,

I've run across a couple of software deals the last couple of days
which may be of interest to some people on this list; I didn't explore
these thoroughly but I thought I'd pass them on...

An outfit called LiveWarehouse is offering Rosetta Stone Language
Explorer titles for $6.99 each, including the English Explorer. I know
nothing about LiveWarehouse, and I'm not totally clear on what is what
in the Rosetta Stone product line, so I'm not sure if the English
Language Explorer listed here is the version I've seen ESOL folks using
-- but you can check it out for yourself. This special ends tomorrow
(May 9th), however.

<http://store.yahoo.com/livewarehouse/swfa26480.html>

Also learned about a site called softwareblowouts.com, which on their
"blowouts" page might have some stuff of interest, and cheap too --
like Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing for $3.99, and some educational kids
stuff. Again, I know nothing about the reputation of the company or the
usefulness or effectiveness of the software...

<http://www.software-blowouts.com/blowouts.html>

Jeff

Jeff Carter
World Education