[NIFL-ESL:9274] Re: ESL and Stuttering

From: Sylvan Rainwater (sylvan@cccchs.org)
Date: Mon Aug 18 2003 - 20:03:47 EDT

Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 20:03:47 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Sylvan Rainwater" <sylvan@cccchs.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:9274] Re: ESL and Stuttering

Fascinating. I've sometimes thought that the choral approach to learning a
language can also help with that stressful feeling, and make it easier just
for plain folks struggling with language-learning. Singing, chanting, etc. I
think of how some religions do a lot of their teaching by chanting the same
thing multiple times, and how easy it is to memorize things that way. I
certainly learn a lot more easily when I can sing in harmony with others.
Hmmmm...

Sylvan Rainwater   .   mailto:sylvan@cccchs.org
Family Literacy Coordinator
Clackamas County Children's Commission/Head Start
Oregon City, Oregon