[NIFL-ESL:9088] Re: Context-based ESL Lessons

From: arconn@juno.com
Date: Wed Jun 25 2003 - 15:37:38 EDT

Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 15:37:38 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: arconn@juno.com
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:9088] Re: Context-based ESL Lessons

Contextual Activities start by asking the students and finding consensus.
 My ESL  students expressed their needs for speaking in the grocery store
and work related speech.  so I have panned my activities around these
contexts.  It's also important to review with the students to see if what
is being taught is what they want.  Usually my classes take over from ME!
 and plan their own activities.  I make a list for the wall of the things
they want to go over and we see if we do these items.