spacer image for formatting
FAQ Log in spacer image for formatting
Search Profile spacer image for formatting
Memberlist Usergroups spacer image for formatting
Register spacer image for formatting
top border image
spacer image for formatting
New Rsync changed isis2std (SOLVED)
Isis Support Center Forum Index » Isis 3 Support » New Rsync changed isis2std (SOLVED)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cartrite
Ra (Power Member)
Ra (Power Member)

mini post alt: Post Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:20 am    Post subject: New Rsync changed isis2std (SOLVED)

I just discovered that I can no longer do a manual stretch with isis2std. I was able to do this before I rsynced a couple of days ago.

I get an error on every pixel saying that it is outside the range.
QImage::setPixel coordinate...........out of range
edit:
I just found out that this also happens for isis2std no matter what the stretch is set to. If the default settings are used and after "gathering histogram" is finished, there is an error for every pixel while exporting.

Has the terminal output been reset somehow? Right now, my computer is spending all it's time sending output to the terminal instead of exporting the image. After 5 minutes, it was on line 400, sample 1 of an image that is 65536x32768 and the window at the bottom of the gui reported 0% exported.

cartrite

spacer image
ssides
Isis Support Team
Isis Support Team

mini post alt: Post Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject:

cartrite,

Wow, that doesn't sound good. The executable for isis2std has not been changed since the distribution of 3.1.17, but the main ISIS library has been updated. Chances are it has something to do with the size of your cube (2GB). ISIS uses the export abilities of Qt for these standard formats. Qt has a 2GB limit. I was able to reproduce what you described and I will let you know what I find shortly.

Stuart
 Back to top »
spacer image
cartrite
Ra (Power Member)
Ra (Power Member)

mini post alt: Post Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject:

The output I described above was completely new to me. I never saw anything like it before. Since the cub file I was trying to process with isis2std was large, I tried to crop it and provide a smaller file. This didn't produce any errors. The original cub was 65536x32768 and was 2 gb. The only thing I can think of here is that the file was too big to process with isis2std.

I'm not sure what you meant by isis2std your_parameters but I ran isis2std from the gui and the commandline read isis2std from=test.cub to=test.cub stretch=manual minimum=1 maximum=78.

This will never finish with the original cub that caused the errors. The output on the terminal is an endless list of errors. I have to shut it down by closing the terminal. It also does the same thing when I open another terminal and use the second command you provided after the first was stopped.

I think I was able to process 2gb cubs before as grayscale. I would only get a error if I tried to process 3 2gb cubs as rgb. And that would only produced 1 error saying the file was too large.
In case you was looking at my signature, I have since increased my ram to 4gb and forgot to update my profile here.
cartrite

spacer image
ssides
Isis Support Team
Isis Support Team

mini post alt: Post Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject:

cartrite,

The problem is due to the output files size. Although ISIS can handle cubes larger than 2GB, Qt's standard image format libraries can not. To the best of my knowledge Qt had never been able to handle files > 2GB. This problem is on our list of things to look at, but I can not say when or if it will be fixed due to the size of the task.

We will see if we can catch the Qt error instead of printing information to the terminal.

Stuart
 Back to top »
spacer image
cartrite
Ra (Power Member)
Ra (Power Member)

mini post alt: Post Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject:

I could have sworn I was able to export 2gb cub files with isis2std before. But maybe this was because the cub file was 16 bit or 32 bit and it was being exported to 8 bit which resulted in a png file that was smaller than 2 gb. In any case, I know I never saw output on the terminal like that before. But an error is an error so it's not that big of a deal to suppress the output. I just wonder why I never saw it before. I'm always working with big files.

cartrite

spacer image
ssides
Isis Support Team
Isis Support Team

mini post alt: Post Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject:

Your possible explanation sounds likely.

We are looking into catching the Qt errors instead of letting them go to the terminal, and will include any fixes in the next release.

Stuart
 Back to top »
spacer image
Isis Support Center Forum Index » Isis 3 Support » New Rsync changed isis2std (SOLVED)
post new topic: Post new topic   post reply: Reply to topic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: