[NIFL-ESL:9691] RE: literature book for graduate efl students needed

From: Ohanian, Michelle M (Michelle.Ohanian@fcps.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 04 2003 - 09:39:02 EST

Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 09:39:02 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Ohanian, Michelle M" <Michelle.Ohanian@fcps.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:9691] RE: literature book for graduate efl students needed

Have you heard of the National Writing Project?  www.nvp.org.  "Writer's
teaching writing".  Go to their site for ideas.  I teach such a graduate
class on behalf of our local writing project and university.  There is
no one book to do it all.  This is a process.  Our course has a book
list of more than 30 titles which they get to choose 2 to read and
respond to.  The general greats are Donald Graves, Nancie Atwell, Lucy
Calkins, Donald Murray, Peter Elbow, Anne Lammott, Ralph Fletcher, and
Linda Rief.

Michelle Ohanian
ESOL MS and HS Instructional Support Teacher
Lacey Instructional Center
tel. 703-846-8775
fax 703-846-8604