[NIFL-ESL:8534] RE: ESL and ESOL Conventions

From: Tommy B. McDonell (tommy.mcdonell@nyu.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 16:23:22 EST

Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 16:23:22 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Tommy B. McDonell" <tommy.mcdonell@nyu.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:8534] RE: ESL and ESOL Conventions

These letters get worse. To be politically correct anymore, I'm told you
don't use ESL or ESOL, but ELL for English language learners. This because
often English is not merely one's second language. When I did fund raising I
never could decide what to use.

Tommy B. McDonell (Ms.)
Adjunct, Marymount Manhattan College
ESL and technology training