Tips for Parents
- Be a good listener
- Give clear no-use messages about drugs and alcohol
- Help your child deal with peer pressure to use drugs
- Get to know your child’s friends and parents
- Monitor your child’s whereabouts
- Supervise teen activities
- Maintain an open and honest dialogue with your child
Fact: Marijuana is the most frequently used illegal drug in the United States.
Fact: 42.3 percent of 12th-graders have tried marijuana at least once.
Fact: Marijuana smoking affects the brain and leads to impaired short-term memory, perception, judgment, and motor skills.
"The only way to prevent your child from using drugs is to be open, talk to them, warn them, be aware of everything going on in your child’s life."
"There’s a dialogue going on. If there is experimentation, I’m going to know and be able to respond."