| Career Opportunities | Entrepreneurship |
Below is a list of benefits generally offered by retailers. Benefits are provided in various combinations, and some are available based on position length of employment.
- Health & Dental insurance
- Retirement plans
- Employee discounts
- Promotion from within
- Tuition reimbursement
- Financial/other support for continued education/professional development
- Diversity program/information
- Vacation, sick and/or personal days and/or national holidays
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Work-life solutions (employee assistance and related to child or elder care, etc.)
- Performance-based incentive plan
- Relocation assistance
- To learn more, visit our partner site, the NRF Foundation:
Do you want to be your own boss?
Many career areas and positions offer lots of opportunity to be entrepreneurial, without the ultimate responsibility of business ownership. But, a large component of retailers own their own store(s). Single, independent, and privately owned retail businesses account for 95% of the retail industry.
- To learn more about this area of retailing and opportunities in the Retail industry, visit our partner site, the NRF Foundation:
(Source: All of the text on this page was provided courtesy of the National Retail Federation Foundation, the research and education arm of the National Retail Federation.)