US Groups

Welcome to Yahoo Group’s feedback forum! We welcome new feedback and feature ideas. Please share your feedback on Yahoo Groups and vote for ideas you like.

For any help or issues with the product please visit Yahoo Help or contact Yahoo’s Customer Care

Also help change the way over a billion people experience the world every month. Join our Yahoo Yodeler Community and be the first to try new Yahoo products and let us know what you think. To learn more or register, visit the Yodelers Website.

Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups further.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cannot delete files

When I try to delete a file I get an error message "Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content". Where can I get help to fix this problem so I can delete out of date files?

7th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      35 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Please fix the ability to remove members.

It is currently not possible to remove members from the groups or to remove banned members from the banned list. Please fix this as a matter of urgency. Attempts to remove give an error loading content and the member remains on the group.

4th ranked
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • yahoo
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        25 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Bring back the option to schedule Files to auto-send to pending members

When scheduling Files, the option to auto-send a File to a pending member is no longer available. There used to be a scheduling option labelled "Pending Subscriptions".

And if a group had previously setup Files to be sent to pending member, the Management > Control Panel > Notifications page does show a section for Files that are sent on "Pending Subscriptions" BUT these Files are never sent to people who have pending subscriptions.

A lot of groups depend on this feature because they require pending members to read and reply to auto-sent Files. And because the Notifications page says that…

3rd ranked
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • yahoo
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          31 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Cannot delete photos from albums

I keep getting an error message 'Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content'.

I have tried deleting by accessing the album, clicking the Edit Button and then clicking the down arrow and selecting delete and also by clicking the down arrow in photo stream and selecting Delete. I get the same error each time.
          Thanks,
          Judy F.
          SW Florida - USA

13th ranked
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • yahoo
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            7 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Would like to be able to pause and go back to previous photo when the photos are in the enlarged view.

I believe that when you first introduced the enlarged view for our photos we could pause and also go back to the previous photos but that function seems to have disappeared. It is nice to be able to see the photos in the larger format but they scroll so fast that we don't get time to really enjoy the details of the photos. Can you make that happen for us..thanks

11th ranked
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • yahoo
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              10 comments  ·  Photos experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Please do not truncate or shorten the subject heading of group messages as it appears on the conversation view.

Please do not truncate or shorten the subject heading of group messages as it appears on the conversation view. It defeats the purpose of a public message.

36th ranked
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • yahoo
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                7 comments  ·  Messages and conversations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Search exact user ID as typed; don't substitute another format of that ID

When searching conversations using a non-broken name format, e.g. "FirstnameLastnameNumber", the reply shows results for "Firstname Lastname Number" (broken into sections). It then says "search instead for 'FirstnameLastnameNumber'" which is what I had actually searched for in the first place!! Give me results for what I typed in and don't presume to substitute another format for what I input.

30th ranked
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • yahoo
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  5 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Needed: A searchable database with a graphics field; i.e., jpeg,, gif, etc.

Presently the database fields allow text only. Since our sites are primarily visual and members upload many pictures, we need a field that will allow these graphics to be placed in the chart. Thanks.

37th ranked
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • yahoo
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    11 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • You need to be able to report spammers so they can be banned.

You need to be able to report spam generators and have them disabled after 3 reports, and have an option for a human to remove them selves from the list through some verification procedure.

44th ranked
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • yahoo
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      6 comments  ·  Groups Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • I found "customer care" totally unhelpful. No replies to my question in Community. And "contact us" doesn't let me contact an actual person.

The "Contact us" icon shows a picture of a woman with a headset, implying that there is an actual person waiting to help us. Instead, there is just a chain of options, none of which addressed my actual issue, which leads to a dead-end with nowhere else to turn for help. I posted on Community but no replies, probably because my issue is rather unusual. I need someone to access my computer remotely to see what the problem is.

31st ranked
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • yahoo
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        7 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Bring back the old format for yahoo groups.

Provide an option to select the old yahoo groups format. I've quit reading yahoo groups since the "new" version came out. It's a mess.

19th ranked
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • yahoo
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          2 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Better headers needed

Yahoogroups should change the mail headers in group-mail distributions, so that recipients can determine the original sender of the mail. This is especially problematic for iPad2 native mail which rips out the descriptive part of the sender and just leaves the group's mail address.

37th ranked
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • yahoo
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            4 comments  ·  Groups Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Cannot delete photos from albums. (Moderator of several Groups)

Also get no option to Delete in Edit. Members have similar problems since new format. I tried IE, Chrome and Firefox. Get red message "error occurred". Group members also cannot re-order or edit their photos since NEO was introduced. Also they find it very irritating having all photos load on screen when going into Photos. Neo is not popular with those who use my Groups.

55th ranked
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • yahoo
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              1 comment  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Can't access to old Groups having "sports" in url !

Impossible to access to old Groups having "sports" in url !

When I type an url beginning by "http://sports.groups.yahoo.com ..." I get an error page even if the neo group exists, error:
                              " Description: Could not process this "GET" request"

For example:

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/mariasharapovacenter/

generates an error (no redirection) and neo group exists:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/mariasharapovacenter/info

Natasha

27th ranked
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • yahoo
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Nothing works.

Horrible!! I cannot delete photos from members or my own albums, cannot delete albums. Every time I hit save for the change there is an error message about loading content. From searching the internet I see that Yahoo has had this problem since 2013. Isn't about time to fix it?
                                Also members cannot leave and I cannot remove them. Same error message. This is very frustrating and annoying.

79th ranked
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • yahoo
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  1 comment  ·  Photos experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Fix the scroll function

Again I ask that the scroll function be repaired so that people can scroll down through ALL messages without being shunted back to the top. Your message board is frustrating to use and as a result my desire to be here is very limited. Pity, because I really need the help offered by the group I am trying to use for a serious health issue. Come on, people, this is the 21st century. We have the technology to accomplish this very simple thing.

2nd ranked
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • yahoo
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    47 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Deleting Photo Comments

Please could you fix the ability for moderators to delete comments posted by members under group photos. Some comments can be crude, rude or simply inappropriate. Responsible moderators would wish to keep their groups clean and respectful. Thank you.

65th ranked
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • yahoo
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      1 comment  ·  Photos experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Can't remove/delete files - get error message and I'm listowner.

I'm listowner and I can't remove/delete files. I keep getting an error message. FIX THIS!!!

61st ranked
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • yahoo
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        0 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Cannot view the whole photo.

When viewing photos the only way to see the whole photo was with the slide show and stopping on each photo. Now the option to stop and view a photo while using the slide show has disappeared. Our group has descriptions on each photo in our references. Without the option to stop each photo you don't have time to read it or study the photo. Please fix this. The photos are the most important feature of our group..

48th ranked
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • yahoo
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          2 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Replies to Yahoo Groups puts 'garbage' in plain text alterative

This is a bug in how Yahoo Mail sends replies to messages sent by Yahoo Groups. The bug is on the Yahoo Mail side. Presumably it could happen when encountering other data as well.

This bug happens when replying using Yahoo Mail (full featured) to a Yahoo Groups message. It appears to be caused when objects of the Yahoo Groups footer are encountered when sending replies.

These objects are stripped out of the HTML alternative. (That is good.)

However, the "Style" information that presumably belongs at the end of HTML alternative is added to the end of the Plain Text…

5th ranked
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • yahoo
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            14 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 68 69
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base