US Weather

New Location Experience for Weather

Great news!

We have recently launched an often requested feature in Yahoo Weather, the ability to choose your own current location.

Yahoo Weather will now ask you to confirm that we’ve correctly detected your current location. If it is not correct you can ask Yahoo Weather to detect it again. If it is still not accurate you will be asked to manually enter your current location. After you’ve set it, Yahoo will associate that location information with your account and IP address, meaning anytime you sign in from the same location we will remember your location for Yahoo Weather, but you will be asked again if you are traveling. This location will be persistent across any browser used on that system.

Please note: As some of this data is stored as cookies on your system, and clearing your cookies will clear your set location. We recognize that this is not ideal, and are working on improving this functionality in the near future.

Best Regards,
Yahoo Product Support

Hi, please let us know how we can improve Weather further.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. NO YOU HAVEN'T fixed weather

Hi Yahoo Weather users,

Thank you for your feedback. We’ve improved the feature of setting current location.
    WRONG - WRONG - WRONG -WRONG
    You still show me at the wrong location and I can't correct it. I don't leave this location. Just let me put in my zip code, like every other site does, and use that as my location. Every other weather program can get it correct, why can't you?????? Maybe that's why I don't use YAHOO anymore. Please make sure you tell your advertisers how your users feel!!!!

27th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • temperature always min. 7°C off

the shown temperature for 9872 millstatt, austria is always way lower than it actually is. what's frustrating is that this is a beach-vacation location. many people won't come here because they think it's too cold! that costs us b'n'b owners lots of customers. please look into this issue.

16th ranked
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • yahoo
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        4 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • bring back the compact weather display option with one line for each of my selected locations.

bring back the compact weather display option with one line for each of my selected locations.

319th ranked
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • yahoo
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • "Location not found" message

Hello,
          As of a few weeks ago, the weather module displays the "Location not found" message and none of the three locations I have stored show the temps. I removed and reinstalled the module but it didn't help.
          Please advice.
          Thanks,

527th ranked
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • yahoo
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Turn the auto detect off, it keeps going to a place about 80 miles from here. And in Michigan 80 miles can be a giant difference. It won't

The Weather program wont let me pick my town so that it'll be up when I come on. It defaults to 2 or 3 different towns about 80 miles down state which has different weather than the rest of the state. When I sign on I have to do the saved locations to get my weather up instead of just having it be there when I sign on

319th ranked
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • yahoo
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Yahoo Weather will now ask you to confirm that we’ve correctly detected your current location. If it is not correct you can ask Yahoo Weather to detect it again. If it is still not accurate you will be asked to manually enter your current location. After you’ve set it, Yahoo will associate that location information with your account and IP address, meaning anytime you sign in from the same location we will remember your location for Yahoo Weather, but you will be asked again if you are traveling. This location will be persistent across any browser used on that system.

Please note: As some of this data is stored as cookies on your system, and clearing your cookies will clear your set location. We recognize that this is not ideal, and are working on improving this functionality in the near future.

You can also save locations on Yahoo Weather to…

• You have'nt fixed the weather app. I'm ********** tired of every 3 to 5 min changing it back to my location.

Your weather app. changes my location every 3 to 5 min to a place not even with in 500 miles of where I'm at. I delete that city or those cities but to no avail as they come back. Do any of your people know code so this problem doesn't keep occurring? Remember it's all 1's and zero's unless you decide to go into hex and even then it's still 1's and zero's converted into hex. Please fix this problem.

D Maher

319th ranked
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • yahoo
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Fix the weather app!!

I cannot get Oceanside Ca. to not show up. I delete it and it keeps coming back. I live in Vista Ca. and it keeps showing Oceanside is my default. I click that I want Vista to be default. How can I block Oceanside from showing up???

319th ranked
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • yahoo
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • 17th ranked
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • yahoo
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    3 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    Sure, I can pick my *real* location instead of where you *think* I am based on ISP (which is wrong--for example, a company network that connects to the world hundreds or thousands of miles away). But it doesn't stick--next time it reverts to the wrong location. Guess what: my PC doesn't move.

86th ranked
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • yahoo
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Are you clearing your browser’s cookies, or is your browser set to clear cookies automatically when it’s closed? If so, this is why your location selection is not persisting.

If the cookies are not being cleared, your browser may be having trouble storing cookies. Following the steps in this Yahoo Help article will allow you to resolve the majority of issues you may encounter when using Yahoo Weather on your PC.

Fix browser and feature problems on Yahoo

• Error for Telluride

Your weather app is giving an error for Telluride, CO: https://weather.yahoo.com/united-states/colorado/telluride-2504615/ This happens when you search by zip code as well (81435). However, it appears to work properly for a number of other cities/zip codes. It looks like you pull data from weather.com, but weather.com has no problem displaying the information for Telluride. What's going on? This is causing the weather widget I'm using on a client's site to fail now.

422nd ranked
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • yahoo
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • 593rd ranked
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • yahoo
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • 593rd ranked
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • yahoo
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • 593rd ranked
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • yahoo
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • The background photo for Chicago is lovely, but the busy pattern makes it very hard to see the actual weather information.

Give us the option of a plain background, or make the photo much lighter so it doesn't interfere with the weather info.

422nd ranked
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • yahoo
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Default location doesn't work and doesn't work when you reset it.

I still cannot set my default location to Stonington CT. I set the default location but it defaults to CT.

147th ranked
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • yahoo
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

• LOOK OUT THE WINDOW!!!!!

Try looking out the window. You'll get a much more accurate current weather picture.

422nd ranked
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • yahoo
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • 593rd ranked
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • yahoo
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Your site WAS beautiful. Is it necessary to fill it with ads?

Please dear Yahoo people, be kind and remove the ads. They brake all the composition of the page. It is a pity. Many thanks.

593rd ranked
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • yahoo
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • The name of town is Zadar, not Zara (in Croatia - HR)

The name of town is Zadar, not Zara (in Croatia - HR). The name Zara is from the italian occupation of Dalmatia, which obviously no longer exists.

I've requested this years ago and it still has not been updated.

422nd ranked
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • yahoo
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Right location, wrong time...

The sun and moon animation show that it's about 1/4" above (didn't reach yet) the sunset time of 7:17.....it's 8:00 here...and dark.

593rd ranked
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • yahoo
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 52 53
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base