Chris Kennedy

Chris Kennedy Plus

Hi everyone! I have created a channel titled Cities in a Minute. Our goal is to have time lapse videos of every major city in the world. We would like anyone willing to participate in this global project to join our channel.

We ask that videos are around one minute long and in a Time Lapse format, hence the title Cities in a Minute.

The reason why I created this project is to show highlights of cities across the world. I wanted to be-able to get a "feel" for a city in a couple of minutes without a pesky travel guide commentator telling you about the city.

Link to channel vimeo.com/channels/cities
Progress Map:maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&ll=9.931649,14.052158&spn=178.736782,1.40625&z=1&msid=201363586161939262918.00049b676965cd9b0b67b

Thanks, Chris Kennedy

***I you want to shoot a specific city there is no need to ask for a reservation any more. All you have to do is message me when its completed

bigred

bigred

Hey since she hasn't done it, can I do it? I live in SF and I think this is a pretty cool project

V. Roseline Siegl

V. Roseline Siegl Plus

I'd like to do one of Innsbruck, Austria (even if that is not a major city ...) but it sounds like a fun project!

Harald Walker

Harald Walker

3:33 is roughly a minute? :-) Well, I think getting the essence of your city squeezed into one minute is the true challenge here. I am in.

Chris Kennedy

Chris Kennedy Plus

Yeh, don't worry about fitting it into a minute, as everyone is finding it to hard to accomplish. We need to change the description. I would say anything under 5 minutes works.

Harald Walker

Harald Walker

I managed to get it into 1:03 (excluding title/credits). But it just shows some aspects of my hometown. Maybe I make a part 2 which shows the more urban perspective.

Perez

Perez

does it have to be time-lapse?

Chris Kennedy

Chris Kennedy Plus

Let me have a chat with the other moderators. Initially I would say yes it has to be time lapse but thinking more about it I don't see why it would matter. I will get back to you on that one.

zack brantley

zack brantley

since this is 2yrs old and no video is made, can i do atlanta. I have the footage complete and im in post right now.

Lobsterdance Productions

Lobsterdance Productions Plus

Be my guest! I keep thinking about getting around finally doing this but a thousand and one other things always get in my way.

Chrizzle

Chrizzle

I'll be able to get shots of Plymout tomorrow, and Truro another time :)!

Chrizzle

Chrizzle

Eek! Yeah, sorry haha. Cornwall's Truro.
Unfortunately, Plymouth got cancelled today due to weather so I'll try again tomorrow or weekend. It'll be done though. :D

First & Last Name

First & Last Name

Do I join by starting a group, as that's all it says on the right hand side... how do I join this???

Onur Turk

Onur Turk

Good idea i can record Istanbul video

Zack Viente

Zack Viente

I like this very creative idea, I'll do breckenridge colorado in the summer and a winter video next season.

vlad

vlad

Out of curiosity, are you still going to do New York? I don't mean to rush you, but if you're not going to do it, I'll step up to the plate and take care of it.

Paul Yonna

Paul Yonna

I would like to start working on Hobart Tasmania, Australia if no one else has it....

Sky Alison

Sky Alison

I am also from Hobart. I am new to Vimeo..looks great! Can't wait to see the one of Hobart! Good luck, not the best weather so far!

Jeremiah Houx

Jeremiah Houx

Has Portland, OR been done yet? I'd love to shoot Portland!!!

DeN XeN

DeN XeN

Also Athens , Greece will be ready!

Chris Kennedy

Chris Kennedy Plus

That's what I figured, I just wanted to make sure...... Athens is reserved for you.

DeN XeN

DeN XeN

Cool! thanx! ill let u know as soon as possible when it will be ready!

Double Films

Double Films

I'll do Palm Desert for you. If that's alright.

Hadrien Brissaud

Hadrien Brissaud

I'll do Marseille then, if I manage to make Premiere work again.

Amy Kaye

Amy Kaye

I would love to do Cape Town, South Africa for you! Is that ok?

JOSEPH MASTERS

JOSEPH MASTERS

I would like to do my home town Las vegas. can you use a time laps Video of Las Vegas?

L.A. Alguera

L.A. Alguera

I can do south florida area. miami,fl is pretty vast.

Jack Wilson

Jack Wilson

I can do Detroit at some point this summer, Athens at the end of june, and i may as well do one of my hometown midland, MI sometime soon. Mackinaw Island is doable at the end of july too.

Jack Wilson

Jack Wilson

ah, i see athens has been taken. i can always do somewhere else in greece and post it when i get back.

steve smith

steve smith

i can do sacramento afterall it is the state capitol of ca

Ben Lacen

Ben Lacen

Over the summer I can try to do Orlando, Fl or Philidelphia, PA. I maybe able to do Tegucigalpa, Honduras too, but I'm not to sure if you want that.

Ben Lacen

Ben Lacen

Ok. I'll try to get down to Philadelphia. Can't make any promises though.

ADW

ADW Plus

Do you need Vancouver BC still?

Marc Ploum

Marc Ploum Plus

What a great idea!
I would love to make a video of a great small city near me, Maastricht (in the south of The Netherlands), or is someone else already doing this?

Travis Guerra

Travis Guerra

Can I do Jacksonville FL... And what did you decide on Time Lapse?

Stephen Benavides

Stephen Benavides

I just joined the group. I just uploaded Victoria, TX with a tilt-shift effect, and I can also do Houston, TX and San Antonio, TX. Live in Houston and visit San Antonio very often. Let me know if you'd like for me to do them.

Lucy Jones

Lucy Jones

Iv just joined and id love to do Dublin, Ireland for this.

PAVEL

PAVEL

This is going to be sweet, good idea.
However, I would like to do Madison, WI but is there a guide on vimeo on how to do the best time lapses? (*On an HV20) Thanks

Chris Kennedy

Chris Kennedy Plus

not sure about the guide, but what I do is shoot the video in normal time, then in an editor speed up the footage.

PAVEL

PAVEL

Simple as that :p

Wheely

Wheely

Hey good project! I am in !
I'd loved to make one about Bordeaux (in France) :)

Jan Borst

Jan Borst

I already have some footage for Rennes/France. So if you like, I could show it here... and now I live in Stuttgart/Germany, so one day I could do a timelaps video here as well! What do you think?

Fred von Graf

Fred von Graf

I could certainly do Phoenix, it would be challenging to capture since it doesn't have one downtown but rather many distributed parts that make it what it is...

Chris Kennedy

Chris Kennedy Plus

sounds good, as long as you include some of the monsoon : )

Fred von Graf

Fred von Graf

Lucky for you I have an underwater case for the camera and a hacked firmware to allow time lapse :) Bring on the storms!

Hopshackles

Hopshackles

Would be interested in doing one for Dubai, UAE.

MHJ

MHJ

Hello to all !
Geneva, Switzerland would interest me !

BigCrow (Crow Pictures)

BigCrow (Crow Pictures)

I am confused o.O
Vegas can't speedup videos more than 4x times. hm...

just a comment :D

Chris Kennedy

Chris Kennedy Plus

I know its a pain but to reach the desired speed you could export, then import and apply the effect again to essentially give you 8x

BigCrow (Crow Pictures)

BigCrow (Crow Pictures)

Yeah, painfull...
But I'm gonna lend my friends photocam and shoot frame by frame :) It's more academic and classic... and has more quality :)

But the 4x => export => import => 4x again gives in resultat 16x :) Is not it?

Jac Hamman

Jac Hamman

Edit: Oh, my bad, I see Cape Town was already taken. I think I'll do it for fun anyway, but will stay tuned to this project.

Patrick Sabat

Patrick Sabat

Please count me in. Singapore here I come, again!

Erika

Erika

Hey! I love this channel. Can I give it a go with New York?

Chris Kennedy

Chris Kennedy Plus

New York City is taken... Is there anywhere else in Ny you want to do?

Sebastian Denis

Sebastian Denis

Is SD quality acceptable or must it be HD? If SD - please reserve Warsaw for me :)

Sebastian Denis

Sebastian Denis

ehhh.. :-/ anyway I've decided to make it because I think it could be great fun and I could learn a lot.
I will publish it only in my videos.

Mark Rigler

Mark Rigler Plus

Damm I don't live in a city , would a seaside town [Poole] in England be OK?

Mathew Augustus

Mathew Augustus

why? can you include a reason for doing this in the description?

Chris Kennedy

Chris Kennedy Plus

Yep

"The reason why I created this project is to show highlights of cities across the world. I wanted to be-able to get a "feel" for a city in a couple of minutes without a pesky travel guide commentator telling you about the city."

Mousze

Mousze

i dont think Groningen is reserved :P it may not be that big but its the best cyty in the netherlands !!!!!!!!! aight

Thom Rockwell

Thom Rockwell

I just joined today and would love to do Ogden, Utah.

Chris Kennedy

Chris Kennedy Plus

Hey everyone, Ive been real busy lately.... I will respond to everyone's request by the end of the weekend

Erika

Erika

hmm brooklyn?

Regin Toftegaard

Regin Toftegaard Plus

I would like to fo Torshavn, which is the largest city at the Faroe Islands

Jose L Trinidad

Jose L Trinidad

I could certainly do Valencia,Spain,if you be interested in doing!!!

Sofia Aldea

Sofia Aldea

Hi Chris, Im a journalist from Chile and I would like to talk to you. I work at Paula Magazine and we want to write someting about this project. Please write to me to sofiaaldea@gmail.com

Jay Pelzer

Jay Pelzer

I can do Jefferson City, MO. Not a major city, but it IS a state capital :)

Tom Cullen

Tom Cullen

Time Lapse of what? Like clouds passing over the city and stuff?

Bryant

Bryant

I did one on tokyo, though it's stop motion and not a time lapse. also, it's two minutes instead of one. but check it out:

vimeo.com/5369208

SeSa @ schoener-frm.tv

SeSa @ schoener-frm.tv

Hey Chris,
some new vimeo lovers :-) Me and friends would like to do cities in Rhein Main Area... starting with Offenbach and Frankfurt. o.k. for you? Great idea ...

OneStepForward

OneStepForward

Hey man. Has anyone shot gunned Canterbury, England?

It's may not be a major one but it does have a whopping great cathedral.

Cory Taylor

Cory Taylor

Great idea!
I would love to do Ottawa, Canada if it is still available.

PKSellers

PKSellers Plus

I would like to do Tampa, Florida but can i opt for no time lapse?

Chris Kennedy

Chris Kennedy Plus

Yes you can opt for no time lapse, however make sure you include a lot of different scenes.

Matias Koskinen

Matias Koskinen Plus

Just saying that I'm still doing Tampere in a minute. Now I've equipment but I'm going to wait summer.

-Matias

felix menard

felix menard

Great Idea! I'll work on Montreal this winder. It just looks better covered with snow.

Adam Schultz

Adam Schultz Plus

I can possibly do something with Lansing/East Lansing, Michigan when I get back to the Mitten. Also, Forest Falls, California is not much of a town, but I might be able to think of something...

kenblaue

kenblaue

Hi, I would like to do Oslo, Norway.

A Moving Picture Studios

A Moving Picture Studios Plus

I want to do Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada...if thats cool??!!

I guess I am gonna do it anyhow so that was a rhetorical question really.

LoL

Gustavo Garza

Gustavo Garza

Hey Chris! Excellent idea, I really want to be part of it.
I'd love to shoot Ciudad Juarez, Mexico.

ThaFridge

ThaFridge

Maastricht, Netherlands also a world city will be coming up to if you're still interested..

Edit: see maastricht is already taken.. so i will make one of aachen, germany than.. since its close to my home..

Chris Kennedy

Chris Kennedy Plus

Hey everyone, Ive been really busy lately and will get to peoples request when I can

Nick Rouven

Nick Rouven Plus

Hello Chris,
pretty cool project...
I´d love to do Munich,Germany if still available and would like to start shooting with the beginning of famous Oktoberfest next month....

Greez

Barraco Pleto

Barraco Pleto

I would like to make one of Sao Paulo - Brazil. Available?

Serge Maheu

Serge Maheu

Just added a 3-minutes timelapse video of Berlin, Germany. Enjoy!

Ed Husar

Ed Husar

I will take Des Moines, IA if no one has it.

Cheers.

Encer

Encer

intresting idea. I'll edit some images of Milan, Italy. (if you want of course)

Brian Kalwat

Brian Kalwat

Surprised no one has taken Minneapolis yet... I'd love to!

Shawn B. Smith

Shawn B. Smith

If Philadelphia is still available, i'd love to shoot the city of brotherly love

Grinta

Grinta PRO

Hi, great project ! I'd like to do Geneva Switzerland if it hasn't been done yet...

Chris Wells

Chris Wells Plus

Can I do another (more comprehensive) one for Tokyo? It would include several of the major sub-cities like Shibuya, Shinjuku, Marunouchi, Ueno, etc.?

Chris Kennedy

Chris Kennedy Plus

Monik, thank you for finding that site. I feel we have much better quality videos than cityoneminutes. Most of their videos look like there shot in dv or older. Also this is an exclusive vimeo project. No need to be sorry I like competition.

minicooper

minicooper

Beijing, can i? my first video tho, if no deadline......

Shitiot

Shitiot

halifax nova scotia?

Davita

Davita

I'd love to do Seattle Washington if you don't mind!

Joe Spiteri

Joe Spiteri

Brighton, England is in currently being shot

Marie Roberts

Marie Roberts

I would like to do Austin, TX if it is still available? Let me know.

Audrius

Audrius

Hello there,
although I've got quite a number of videos produced - I'm using other means to sharing them - therefore - I'm not very active user of vimeo. (share.ovi.com - all unlimited and free of charge). Nevertheless - this project sounds very interesting, especially when I've got material already sitting on the shelf. Got some of the Vancouver, Victoria (Canada), Wien (Austria), Edinburgh and Dumbarton (Scotland). Just need some clarification - I understand there is no longer a requirement to get 1 min? And.. long story short - I would just re-render my videos in order to get time-lapse and get scenes just flying by, as they already are edited and ready to use. And more - I am currently in Vilnius, Lithuania. I guess, this would be in demand too?

Sam Figueroa

Sam Figueroa

I've had some footage of NYC on my drive for a while. Meant to do something like this for a while. Nice idea.

Simon Beart

Simon Beart

What an awesome response you've had - great project !
hats off to you for the inspiration - can you post a video response about where the idea came from, or how you come to the decision - would be great to "meet you" as it were in a video response - PS - ill volunteer to be the first from New Zealand, as far as I can see anyway - Windy, Wellington coming up !!

Lucía Miranda

Lucía Miranda

love this project
Until when do i have time to upload the video?
By the way, mi city is Buenos Aires

Miha Poredoš

Miha Poredoš

Great project, I would like to do a capital of Slovenia - the Ljubljana city. I will upload in about a week or two =)

Lewis Sandler

Lewis Sandler

I'm from Boston but now live in Beijing, China for 16 years and id love to do this. Beijing has population of over 14 million so its a big project for me. But i'll try to come up with something cool.

Alexandre Porto

Alexandre Porto

Hey Chris, congrats for your wonderful project!! I want to time lapse Sao Paulo - Brazil. The only issue is that I'll be time lapsing a video as we currently dont have the most adequate photograph equipment. Is there any problem? If not, let Sao Paulo for us! Thanks!!!

Chris Jay

Chris Jay

Great idea! Love this. Look forward to seeing the different cities and perspectives.

horaci

horaci

What about Dakar? Let's go to shoot african cities! ;-) Dakar is mine!

Peter Holsgrove

Peter Holsgrove

love this idea... i'm over in London and will try and throw something together - can anyone suggest an open source video editing app I can use (for Mac)?

Also, have you guys thought about spreading the message across other networks? Channeling this through Foursquare (foursquare.com/) could be very cool. Some sort of tie in with Gmaps, like the whole photo tagging city stuff would be superb.

Chris Kennedy

Chris Kennedy Plus

Hey Simon, great video. Yes it is not on the progress map because I got tired of updating it all the time. A new version of the map is being made of only the completed videos. I assure you, yours will be on there.

Nacho Vega

Nacho Vega

I like very much your idea. Is there anybody recording Madrid? I'll do it!

not under control

not under control

This is a sensational idea! I might tour the Sydney Australia hotspots by Vespa with a video camera strapped to my helmet and then time lapse/ tilt shift the footage into a two or three minute tiny town "documentary". I'd love to see somebody do a similair treatment for Tokyo, or one of the Pacific Island nations. Cheers AB01

Razan Alzayani

Razan Alzayani

is anyone doing dubai? or abu dhabi uae? I'd love to do that.

Queenie Ho

Queenie Ho

I know someone already called Miami, but I'm doing Miami Beach for a school project. I can also try and do Santo Domingo, DR in december

Rick Macomber

Rick Macomber Plus

I would love to do Singapore. I will be there again in December.

Nishanth

Nishanth

Let me try Gwalior, India! :)

Galimaci

Galimaci

The project it's interesting. We are working for an internet channel in a program called 7'. Showing the city of San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas México.

Can we upload our work to your project?

Boz Johnson

Boz Johnson

I'll bet you don't have any from Louisville, Kentucky yet! I'll work on compiling my footage.

Emiliano Mazza

Emiliano Mazza

Hi everybody!
I want to colaborate shooting on Montevideo, Uruguay!

Nedunghattil Dhanil

Nedunghattil Dhanil

The Idea is so nice.I will shoot my city Mumbai. But I am sorry, I need one more week to do this.

Mark Kerckaert

Mark Kerckaert

I have a random question. I see two ways of doing this and I'd like some input on which is better and why. A long sequence of photos spliced together or actual video sped up. What's the best way to do it?

Rick Macomber

Rick Macomber Plus

I have the same question. But obviously if you only have a video camera and not a 5D or 7D... then you would use speed in post.

Bob Corbett

Bob Corbett

How about Mobile,Al and Pensacola ,Fla,, mardi Gras is coming up??? I'd be very happy to shoot them and post it!!!!!

BERNS

BERNS

I'll start crackin' on Philly. Stoked.

Rick Macomber

Rick Macomber Plus

hahahaha.... what happened chris? Got sick of saying yes to everyone!!!

CBCDenver

CBCDenver

Is anybody working on Denver, CO?

René

René

Halifax, Nova Scotia, coming spring 2010, once winter has... oh winter I hate you so.

Sergio M

Sergio M

let me know if you need help, as im in Halifax currently

bigred

bigred

hey i'm doing san francisco, california since the other person hasn't! yeah!

Chris Kennedy

Chris Kennedy Plus

Hello everyone, yes Im still alive. I've been very busy lately. I will be updating the progress map over the next week. If you noticed I missed you please email me at citiesinminutes@gmail.com

If there are more than one request for a city I will place both names as the producers.

Lewis Sandler

Lewis Sandler

I added Beijing in 1 Minute video.
vimeo.com/groups/18040/videos/8300348

Vimeo is banned in China so I have to do this using VPN..Not sure the quality of Video.. Ive been living in Beijing 15 years..I'm from Boston. I have dozens of hours of Beijing video, different scenes.

I want to do more Beijing stuff. If you wanna help, let me know
my website video and photo
tinyurl.com/msytke

William Gregg

William Gregg

I would love to shoot Chicago if that is still a opportunity

Mohd Latifi

Mohd Latifi

I would like to start working on TEHRAN/IRAN if no one else reserve it.

DHP Multimedia

DHP Multimedia Plus

Please look at my videos of Santa Fe New Mexico! I have plent of time lapses, bvut they are more than a minute, but please do enjoy anyway!

Strawn Dixon

Strawn Dixon PRO

I'd like to do chicago, if i get this opportunity would u like if I sent u the raw footage and you could edit it? Let me know

Wecim Chabanov

Wecim Chabanov

Djerba , Tunisia , it will be a dreamy footage :)

_Syed (Khurram)

_Syed (Khurram)

Just came back from Egypt - Can do Cairo in two weeks. What you say Chris?

Bobin Cherian

Bobin Cherian

Looks like you've got nothing covered up in India!!

Ayrton Orio

Ayrton Orio Plus

I made Sao Paulo some days ago, and at the moment Im living in La Paz (didn't take the time to see if it had been done) and doing a timelapse tonight, gonna upload it tonight probably...

Ayrton Orio

Ayrton Orio Plus

Ok for La Paz and for Sao Paulo, how do you upload the videos?

mariano moli

mariano moli

And I'd love to send some videos of Buenos Aires!

Alex Strohl

Alex Strohl

Heyyy

Ive seen no one has done Québec city
We'll do it

Alex Strohl

Alex Strohl

@the person who edited the progress map on googlemaps:

Could you change for Québec city the name to Alexandre Strohl and Lemathmath please ?
I'ts gonna be a co-operated project

thanks you :)

Dave Green

Dave Green

If nobody has claimed Manchester, UK, I'll have something sorted within a week or two. :)

krammer

krammer

i will participate on this project. i will shoot Toronto=)

RAD Creativity

RAD Creativity Plus

Taps Seattle! (if anyone else has done it oh wellz I'm doin' it anyway!)

Paul McArthur

Paul McArthur

Has anyone done Glasgow, Scotland? If not, i'm in! Does it have to be timelapse and what is now the official time limit? If no-one's claimed Edinburgh, Scotland i wouldn't mind doing that after, too...

Paul McArthur

Paul McArthur

I can see now Edinburgh is being worked on, that's cool. Looking forward to seeing it! I'm still in for Glasgow though!

filmizi

filmizi

this sounds great...
i can shoot Ankara, Turkey.

please confirm...

Greg Rogers

Greg Rogers

maybe not a MAJOR city but I would like to do Orange Beach, Al if that's ok?

Abhijeet Joshi

Abhijeet Joshi

Hey Chris,nice concept. I would like to start working on Mumbai,India if no one else has it ...

Heather Hass

Heather Hass

so is this still going on? i want milwaukee!

Salomon

Salomon Plus

has this gotten anywhere? i'm in dubai, wanting to do one but i see twisted cheez is on it, check out philip bloom's timelapse on dubai! insane

filmizi

filmizi

has anybody seen chris here recently?

i Valentina Foubert

i Valentina Foubert Plus

I'd love to try Toulouse "la ville rose" in France, even if it is not a major city.. at all :)!

Zack Millsaps

Zack Millsaps

I'll do Monterrey, Mexico. Third biggest city in Mexico, great locations.

Eagle Spirit Media

Eagle Spirit Media PRO

Great idea... i'd like to do Sydney, Australia please !... and yes prefer not to do timelapse as there's so many different vistas here. Ok?

Katapulse

Katapulse

this sounds like a cool project, i'm in Geneva, Switzerland ... i can do that within 2 weeks no problem.

Emma-Lynn Whitman

Emma-Lynn Whitman

Has Victoria, British Columbia, Canada been taken? If not, I'd love to take a shot at it! :)

Abdul Jawula

Abdul Jawula

Hello I could do Southampton United Kingdom. Do you know anything about deadlines?

VideoFotoStudio

VideoFotoStudio

hy, i am new here at vimeo and i would like to make a movie for this project that i find very interesting. i am from Cluj-Napoca , Romania

ABZG productions

ABZG productions

I already have Leuven in Belgium done. I'll up it in the next few days. I might be able to do other Belgian cities as well. I'll look into it and see if I can assemble a Belgian team.

Much love,

Terry Tibs

AGP+

AGP+

Can I do Reno Nevada?
It's not the biggest city...
but it is the biggest little city in the world...

Simon Owen

Simon Owen

Am I too late? I have a video for Manchester, England?!

Blue Noble

Blue Noble

This is a great project...I will do Southampton, UK this week (25-28 Feb 2010). I'll go it with my Nokia N95 which is a million times better than my camcorder :-). Please could everyone remember to show the name of the city they provide view of and probably the date? It won't be great if we can't identify which city in a video. This should have been part of the rule?

Gerson Martins

Gerson Martins Plus

I Just subscribe here today, and I was surprised that nobody, apply to do São Paulo, The biggest city of South America. Can I do this as my first Cannon T1i project?

Chris Kennedy

Chris Kennedy Plus

Hey Everyone,

Just a quick update:

This is an on going project and there is no need to reserve cities. In fact we already have multiple videos for various cities. Just go to town and have fun. I encourage you to make this project over months and not just shoot it in one day so that you can include various major events and season that effect your city.

Chris Kennedy

Rafael A.P. Maduro

Rafael A.P. Maduro

cool ill shoot Aruba then for you, can i use dv footage since i don't have hd yet also i did shot a lot on the island already, if not ill have to see a way around for this

Daniel Pierral

Daniel Pierral

I can provide some Caracas, Venezuela shots I've already done...

soundproductions

soundproductions

very cool idea and some nice short films. we love it.
if anybody needs some music, plz contact us and tell the mood you like to your films. we contact you as soon as possible.

best regards soundproductions.ch team

Greg Crawford

Greg Crawford Plus

Can you add a video with both time-laps and real time footage?

expose

expose

can i propose PAris, France?
what kind of laps do you want?

Amr

Amr

Extraordinary!

Peter Sarfas

Peter Sarfas Plus

Going home to Scotland in July for 10 days - can probably get Stirling and Inverness done - probably time lapse

Mas Rahman

Mas Rahman

I'd like to do Detroit, Michigan, if it's still open and the project is still ongoing.

Star Mountain Media

Star Mountain Media Plus

Define "major city". I lived in Atlanta for 15 years, but I see that's already taken. Can you suggest someplace, Richmond, VA or Washington, DC?

Sebastian Lezcano

Sebastian Lezcano

I can shoot Asuncion hard of America del Sur.. and Buenos Aires, Curitiba, Araucaria, Rio, SP... well lets do it

Elizabeth Stack

Elizabeth Stack

I'd like to do Grand Rapids, MI if no one's taken it.

Anthony Guida

Anthony Guida

Hi, can I take Rome? is there a minimum quality standard? or a specific camera requirement?

Amr

Amr

Hyderabad, India?
Do you need ambient sound or Music?

Vrais Le Faux

Vrais Le Faux

I'll do Krakow (Cracow) in Poland.
Must wait for the weather to clear up a bit I guess.
And, what's the story with time lapse?
Does it mean it has to be a shot of the same place through a day / week / hour? Or would a snappy montage of video from different parts of the city be acceptable.
I believe that for consistency of the project strict (ish) rules would be good.
cheers

Greg Slamen

Greg Slamen

Cool project. I can do Birmingham, AL, US in a week. Yeah?

Maximilien Charlier

Maximilien Charlier

Alright, I can take the bet and try to time-lapse Brussels, Belgium, and Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium.

Roland Schreier

Roland Schreier

I'd like to do one of Klagenfurt, Austria.
It's more of an minor major city ;)

Vera Marques

Vera Marques

Do you want some of Beautiful Lisbon?:)

Youssef El Zein

Youssef El Zein

seems like its an open invitation .. i guess Beirut is mine :D

01TV

01TV Plus

Hey what`s up... I `d love to participate!! this is a great project.... how does it sound San Salvador in 60 seconds?

Sahar Levi

Sahar Levi

Maybe in a couple weeks i could take a video Of Akko
(Israel)

Neha Ghuwalewala

Neha Ghuwalewala

Hey Chris,
Im from India, i can do my hometown, Madhya Pradesh,Indore for you and in a few months ill be going to mumbai so then will be able to do mumbai for you

the R

the R

this sounds fun. i can do NYC

mbad

mbad

nice idea ,, I already have footage form many cities in sudan ,, i willl start by kharotum - sudan then many cities from my country .. within this week

regards

Sara Santos

Sara Santos

has Bournemouth (UK) been done at all? I'd quite like to do it!

sam khoie

sam khoie

Hi Sarah, r u goin for that??!!

Sara Santos

Sara Santos

hi only just saw this :) not anymore! I was going to but then went up north and the camera I would be using got left up there (not actually mine, I'd be borrowing it)

go ahead :)

Sara Santos

Sara Santos

also are Brighton and Durham (UK) done? :)

Sara Santos

Sara Santos

moving to brighton in the next days (from bournemouth) and may be able to get access to the camera I would have used for Bournemouth in the next week or so, so will be able to do this if possible? admin? :)

Sara Santos

Sara Santos

no longer wanting to do Durham as I was there for a week and didn't actually get the chance to do it (other things came up)

Galt Line Productions

Galt Line Productions

Could I produce a video for Seaside, FL? It's a pretty small town but would be interesting.

Lilja Häfele

Lilja Häfele

I could do Reykjavik, Iceland if that´s fine with you :)

Dan Choi

Dan Choi Plus

No idea how to do a time lapse video. Anyone have a decent guide? It looks like I need to take an insane number of pictures. I'd be willing to do one for Cincinnati, OH.

Lucas Boutilier

Lucas Boutilier PRO

Hey hey awesome idea!! consider Edmonton, Alberta, Canada done! give me a couple weeks and i'll put it up.

Waqas Abdul Majeed

Waqas Abdul Majeed

Do I have to be a professional to shoot? I am about to finish my bachelors in Animation in Dubai and I'd like to shoot Sharjah, U.A.E (Its where I live). I have a Sony HDCAM :)

Let me know please and about the deadline as well.
Thanx

Chris Kennedy

Chris Kennedy Plus

Not at all anyone can make a timelapse for Cities in Minutes. No deadline

Made

Made

Is kenya taken?

oba adeoye 1st

oba adeoye 1st

Hey Chris, you sure gat a cool concept here! Can you reserve Lagos, West Africa for me?

Kim Bech

Kim Bech

Hej Chris. I love this project. let me do Copenhagen :)

Sam Krauser

Sam Krauser

I'd like to do Brisbane when I get around to it...Brisbane Australia

DPGU800

DPGU800

Nice work so far,,,, too many to see'em all right now though,,,,

It'd be nice if we could get more vids from the Asia/Pacific region,,,, most of them seems to be clustered around Europe and North America,,,,

Michael Sutton

Michael Sutton

Ill do a Sydney Australia one tomorrow, either on my G9, iPhone of through my lensbaby composer

Marko Klopets

Marko Klopets

It's very small place, but I could do Tallinn, Estonia ;)

Joanna Friend

Joanna Friend

I'd like to help! How does like a small town sound? Middlebourne, West Virginia? It's not a city to most of the world, but here it's pretty big.

Garo Green

Garo Green PRO

Great idea - I can do Palm Springs, CA this weekend!

Almasomah

Almasomah

Hello to all
I think i can help, I'm from Saudi Arabia

Michel Redon aka Lord Bugs II

Michel Redon aka Lord Bugs II

I am working on a road movie with Nurnberg, Prag, Cracovie, Luxemburg where I've been last summer... I'll could do some 5mn cuts if interested..
I also wanna do a movie on.. Paris! I live close to it..
just tell me if interested!
I'm also involved in musical productions..
just check my stuff!

Castaway Films

Castaway Films

I would really like to take part. I want to do Reading if that's OK.

Dylan Sieh

Dylan Sieh

I would be interested in shooting for Philadelphia.
Free?

Vito Calesco

Vito Calesco

Hello, i got a great timelapse of São Paulo - Brazil, the biggest city of South America in a Stormy Day, you could use it on your project!

Michael Dunne

Michael Dunne

Nashville, Tennessee!
Just got my T2i, this is a good opportunity to test it!

zack brantley

zack brantley

I love Nashville, do it.

a good spot would be the hermitage.

RFF

RFF

is this still an ongoing project? I would love to film Zagreb, Croatia when I finish some other stuff... not sure though if I wanna do the main square... it's so cliche :)

Tim McManus

Tim McManus

I am on board for Charleston SC.
Woot.

nikolette201

nikolette201

i can make a video of Zaporizhya and Kiev - Ukraine. And also Morgantown (Pennsylvania) and New York (Brighton).

alan images

alan images

Has anyone pegged Philadelphia as a location? I'm interested in doing one there. In addition, what constitutes a city? Population size? I know several small cities that have very active and diverse 'downtowns' where the 'downtown' night life/ business district is very active, but does not represent the rest of the city because it's visited by people from neighoring cities.

Joel Beeby

Joel Beeby

I actually have a time lapse video of Cincinnati, Ohio, which I will edit and am glad to share!

Retina Studios

Retina Studios

I could do Trieste, north-eastern Italy. But does it have to be time lapse or can it be somewhat like a "city tour" in a minute?

Blaz Smolnikar

Blaz Smolnikar

Looks like yo don't have anything from Slovenia. I'll try my best with Ljubljana.

Milton Pimenta

Milton Pimenta

I want to make about Zürich, switzerland. Is it ok? ;)

connormaxlin

connormaxlin

Hi!

I'll be making one for Taipei, Taiwan!! :D

Chris Kennedy

Chris Kennedy Plus

Just remember everyone to submit your videos in a time lapse format..... Also the more scenes, the more the viewer gets to see your city.

and lastly you do not need to ask for permission, go ahead and make your video. When your done send it to me or any Cities in Minutes moderator.

Mitchell Camps

Mitchell Camps

Would San Bernardino be considered a major city? If so, I would like to do it.

Alejandro Ayala

Alejandro Ayala

Would be interested in doing one for Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, Spain.

Jannik K

Jannik K

I will do Frankfurt/Germany :)

Paddy Lane

Paddy Lane

I can get Cork City in Ireland if you want?

Max

Max

I will do the Video for Munich, Germany.

Bardh Hajredini

Bardh Hajredini

Basel, Zurich or any of Ballkan Cities like Skopje, Tirana or Pristina? I think it would be cool even though they are not as major as London, LA or so.

alain paparone

alain paparone

Hello everybody!!
I am ready to shoot Marseilles!!

ramimraj

ramimraj

wow its really nice idea
i wud like to work for the project Bangladesh city Dhaka
thnxs

Mneme Media

Mneme Media Plus

I might be able to do a Eugene Oregon if there is still any interest

COLONi.

COLONi.

And what about Rio de Janeiro?

Steve Dean Smith

Steve Dean Smith

I'd love to do Lincoln in the uk, I'm at university here, what format you want it doing in etc?

ImaginaryDragonProductions

ImaginaryDragonProductions

Hello, i'm new here but i'm not new about making vids. :)
Is it ok if i film Sweden? It will take some time because i can only film on everyother weekend. The reason is that it's my dad's camera and i can only use Movie Maker there. But i'll try to do my best so it can be out here as fast as possible.

sarame

sarame

Is this project still running? Vienna/Austria summer shot? =]

Diggable Monkey

Diggable Monkey PRO

Looks like Portland. OR is still vacant... Can I do this one?

Lee Faus

Lee Faus

Can I do Raleigh, NC. Looked through quickly and didn't see anybody.

Sarah Smith

Sarah Smith

Unbelievable to me that Houston hasn't been covered. Is this Cities in Minutes project still going?

Francisco Trejo

Francisco Trejo

si quiero participar se actualizará el mapa? mi Timelapse es de México!

a&b

a&b Plus

I just did Longueuil... in Québec, Canada...
do I just submit it to the channel ?

Michiel van Son

Michiel van Son

Hi, I am doing a Tilt-shift of Brussels. Could be interesting for your project.

Lemont DeT

Lemont DeT

Ill do Melbourne, Australia if thats cool!

Edwin Ward

Edwin Ward Plus

Hi, that's a pretty good idea, i could shoot Paris for u...

Paula McCrossan

Paula McCrossan

Hey you still running this project? Do you have Cardiff, Wales???

Martyna Hryniewiecka

Martyna Hryniewiecka

Are you also interested in Wrocław, Poland? It isn't a major city, but its really beautiful & charming.

Giacomo Di Amato

Giacomo Di Amato

Hi to all!
i'd like to shoot Rome, if its not taken yet :)

Gerardo flores

Gerardo flores

do you have something from san salvador or El salvador in central America... please send me a PM if you don't I will like to prepare something for you
Gerardo

Derin Kivaner

Derin Kivaner

is istanbul done yet? i can do it if no one has?

Genie H

Genie H

I'd love to do this for my hometown Shanghai, is there a deadline?

samkolder

samkolder

can i do toronto ontario canada?

BTYP

BTYP

I'd like to do one for Harwood Heights, even if its a small suburb of Chicago...

Trystan Brock

Trystan Brock

no one is doing the midwest omaha nebraska would be a great city to do

james williamson

james williamson

upload these to zarrmovies.com... the talent in these pages are overwhelming!!! great job everyone!!

Otsetswe Sedimo

Otsetswe Sedimo

Hey wats gud. I want to do Gaborone Capital city of Botswana in Africa.

jack2203

jack2203

this is one of the best ideas i have seen in a long time...nicely done....i would love to shoot a film for glasgow in scotland if nobody hasnt already

Mo Mo

Mo Mo

Oooh I call Denver!

Mario Rodriguez

Mario Rodriguez

Hello,

I just did a take of São Paulo in Timelapse vimeo.com/24617118 and also I added some motion text in a second version vimeo.com/26870471 Don't really know which one fits better in the group but as there is still no video for São Paulo I thought one of them may fit here.
By the way, great group and wonderful videos!

Sheldon Neill

Sheldon Neill

Laguna Beach video coming soon. 2 weeks tops.

Steve Yerian

Steve Yerian

can we do small towns too because Montrose, Michigan is having their Blueberry Festival this week and it would be a good time to catch that if it is aloud

Kim Schneider

Kim Schneider

Yes i want to shoot a small town too. There is a nice Spot from which i can oversee a lot of the town. So .. i thin i'll just do it :)

Daniel

Daniel

Somebody doing Amsterdam? If not I would be happy to do it..

Robert Craig

Robert Craig

great project and idea! sadly my city is already taken

Kam Ila

Kam Ila

Has anyone shot Philadelphia?

Agustin Arneodo

Agustin Arneodo

I like.. i moved to a new city, so I'll explore and make a video for this channel!

Javin Lau

Javin Lau Plus

Hong Kong is Home.

My intent with this project was to illustrate the grandeur of Hong Kong that most people would never get to see. When I had recently watched the movie Oblivion, it had somehow starkly reminded me of Hong Kong, with the feeling of being so insignificantly small -- almost irrelevant to my surroundings. Hong Kong is an unbelievably dense city, where much of the world can be accessed at your fingertips. But in a city where you can access the material world in a matter of seconds, it also has the ability to isolate you from the 8 million people around you as well.

Link: vimeo.com/65620112

Jaybee

Jaybee Plus

Hi folks, great channel.

I've just released 'Welcome To Bristol' which may be of interest.

A year in the making… this time-lapse journey conveys a unique perspective on this historical, culturally rich, vibrant British city.

Link: vimeo.com/jbee/bristol

Andrew Takano

Andrew Takano Plus

Riding the Light
vimeo.com/87566725

Take a soaring journey across Austin, the Live Music Capital of the World.

Shot in the winter of 2014-2013, "Riding the Light" presents the Austin skyline as you've never seen it before. I'm excited and proud to share this short film, my third solo hyperlapse cityscape project.

DECI Music

DECI Music

cool! i wll make one asap and let you know when its finished!

pjohn1992

pjohn1992

If no one has picked Dallas, Tx I could do it.

DOXOS

DOXOS

Let me shot Querétaro, Mexico for this!

Kay Kay

Kay Kay

Reverse Mumbai time lapse !

ART BY CHANCE

ART BY CHANCE Plus

Hello everyone! This is Cagil from Art By Chance working as Project Coordination Assistant.
Art by Chance Film Festival collects amazingly diverse ultra short films from all around the world. Before long, internationally selected fascinating movies pop into your lives suddenly in subways, airports, shopping malls, etc reaching more than 20 countries / 200 cities and 1.5 billion worldwide.
Theme for this year is Discover. Art By Chance sets out to celebrate the act of discovery in all its forms, from people to places to ideas this year. We would greatly appreciate it if you kindly support us and spread the word. Get going! We are waiting for your films! You might win a round flight ticket to anywhere in the world by the courtesy of our global sponsor Turkish Airlines. For more information about the festival, please visit artbychance.com
Our participation video: vimeo.com/105332631
Kindest regards,
Cagil Ozdemir
Project Coordination Assistant

Link: artbychance.com

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.