US Groups

Welcome to Yahoo Group’s feedback forum! We welcome new feedback and feature ideas. Please share your feedback on Yahoo Groups and vote for ideas you like.

For any help or issues with the product please visit Yahoo Help or contact Yahoo’s Customer Care

Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups further.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Add the Option to Moderate "List Owner" Email

One of the groups I Co-Own has started to be spammed through the list owner email address. This address is open on every group and a very lucrative opportunity for Spam. These addresses are in this format: GroupName-owner@yahoogroups.com. Adding the ability to Moderate would reduce the chances of spreading spam.

Thank you for considering.

5th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      Under review  ·  88 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Please remove the footers from our stationery sends.

Please remove the footers from our stationery sends. The stationery doesn't look or work properly now.

3rd ranked
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • yahoo
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        Under review  ·  183 comments  ·  Groups Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • broken links

I am a mod for a group comprised of nearly 12,000 members who collect, store and share data through the LINKS section regularly throughout the day. URLs to LINKS still containing old category word ("pets" in our case) are not redirecting. If the category word is removed it will redirect. Please help us by addressing this bug so our links will auto-redirect.

21st ranked
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • yahoo
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          12 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • My Groups

It would be so much easier and less time consuming if you went back to the pages you had before. I have alot of groups and scrolling through them is very time consuming. Having pages you can go to your groups easier and in a more timely fashion. Please go back to the pages view with all the information that was listed on them.
          Thank you.

4th ranked
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • yahoo
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Please give moderators and owners access to the pinboard functionality

We need this as soon as possible so that we can evaluate the functionality and develop moderation policies for our group's pinboard.

Some of us are finding that members have access to this functionality, but we don't. For example, I cannot create pin to messages and photos. I am sure you can appreciate that this is not a good situation for moderators to be in.

Thank you!

31st ranked
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • yahoo
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              Planned  ·  4 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Unmoderated members can always post by email even when posting is disabled

When the Access Control for "Messages-Who can post" is set to "off" no one can post, right? Wrong! Any member with the "unmoderated" posting override can post by email (but not from the web site).

When the Access Control for "Messages-Who can post" is set to "Moderators Only" only moderators can post, right? Wrong! Any non-member with the "unmoderated" posting override can post by email (but not from the web site).

This is a serious bug. When things go wrong moderators need to be able to temporarily shut down posting!

41st ranked
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • yahoo
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                Under review  ·  7 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Hard returns between paragraphs are no longer showing up, making reading for vision impaired like me almost impossible. This is ADA issue.

Hard returns & space between paragraphs are no longer showing up in yahoogroup posts. This makes it difficult to impossible for vision impaired readers like me to participate. This is an ADA issue and discriminates against a class of users.

Each time you make additional changes to yahoogroups, functionality decreases. My 20+ groups, which all used to be very active, are almost all "dead," with little to no participation. If you want to kill this product, why not just say so!

25th ranked
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • yahoo
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  Under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Reduce accidental group postings when replying to a post made using "New Topic" on the Conversations page

This is related to two previously "Completed" items:

"Reduce accidental group postings when posting or replying via email"
                  https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/5964275

"Reduce accidental group postings when replying via the Conversations page"
                  https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/5964129

The implementation is incomplete.

The group sopasadenasfreecycle, of which I'm a member, has its "Messages Reply To" option (Group Settings tab of the group's Control Panel) set to "Sender".

As explained in those prior suggestions, in such a group every New Topic posted using the Conversations page ought to have the From line modified to a "-noreply" address to avoid having any replies accidentally directed to the group's posting address.

35th ranked
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • yahoo
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Yahoo! Groups Emails go to SPAM / BULK folders in Yahoo! Mail - Please fix

Hi! Recently, many of our members are not receiving their individual posts or digests, only to later find them in SPAM. Especially when their email client is Yahoo!. Can you fix this? Seems silly that they are required to have a Yahoo! account to join a Yahoo! Group but then your own Mail system places emails from groups in to SPAM. This has increased recently to the point where people think they've been removed from the group because they aren't getting ANY mail in their inboxes. Thank you!

50th ranked
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • yahoo
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Bug in message compose and edit pending message

If you compose a PLAIN TEXT (<<) message formatted with line spaces for paragraph etc. and send it. If this is queued as pending approval, I see the pending message has lost all empty lines and paragraph formatting.

If you take a pending message and convert it to PLAIN TEXT, save it. Come back to the same message again later and all text formatting is gone.

Please fix this!

37th ranked
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • yahoo
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • "Groups Settings" has multiple severe problems

The "Groups Settings" under the moderator's "Control Panel" doesn't work in expected ways. Most changes force "Who can join" to be changed to "Anyone can apply to join, moderator approval is required" to be pushed with the group type "Custom". (This is a bug. Why should moderator approval be required for new members, for example, when the moderator simply wants to restrict non-member access to certain parts of the group). It is also bad UI design. Sometimes the group type will unexpectedly and wrongly become "Restricted" even when appeared to be only "Custom" when the configuration was saved. (Another bug.)

27th ranked
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • yahoo
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Formatting, Layout , & Ease of Navigation

I have been a member of YahooGroups since before it was YahooGroups, and I have loved it here, but I just actually logged in to YahooGroups for the first time in awhile, and I can assure you that I am not a happy camper.

The page layout is horrible just to look at, (Did you actually pay someone to do that?) not to mention that ease of navigation virtually non-existent.

Trying to find links for things such as the group File section is next to impossible. I did find it eventually, but ooo boy, what a hassle.

Once I got…

86th ranked
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • yahoo
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Add "Pending Subscriptions" and "Upon Reject" to Schedule File

Under Management, in the Notifications tab of the Control panel, clicking on Edit (the pencil icon) for a file brings up the Edit Schedule File dialog. This dialog has all the checkboxes:

Pending Subscriptions
                            Upon joining group
                            Upon leaving group
                            Upon being banned from group
                            Every 2 weeks
                            Every month
                            Upon Reject

Under Files clicking on Edit (the pencil icon) on a text file brings up the Edit text file page; it has a "Schedule files" menu. Clicking on Edit on a non-text file brings up the Edit File dialog; It has a "Schedule options" expander. Both of those places…

13th ranked
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • yahoo
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              Under review  ·  8 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Daily Digest - Add message number to each entry.

It would help enormously to add the message number for each entry in the daily digest. The message can then be easily found in the future and a link to that message can be easily quoted. It would also save a lot of time flipping back and forth from my email page and the group page to find the message number when I want to make notes for future reference.

73rd ranked
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • yahoo
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Where is your user support service ?

Where is your user support service ? No one answer your phone number and your website does not offer any clear way to send in an e-mail. Is this your idea of a bad joke ?

26th ranked
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • yahoo
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Support Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • search conversations

I can no longer search conversations by a word. Using internet explorer 11.

49th ranked
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • yahoo
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    3 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Reinstate the message number system that showed the number as "2168 of 2176"

In the old Yahoo Groups system, one could see, on an individual message, where one was in the progress toward the "latest message". In the new system, one only sees the number of the current message. Please go back to the old "xxxx of yyyy" system.

39th ranked
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • yahoo
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Problems with accentuation - Brazilian keyboard

We have registered the group in USA but a lot of members are from Brazil and use the Brazilian keyboard accentuation, but all messages have been delivered with wrong character.
                                      Maybe we are having problems with UTF-8 encoding.
                                      Can we change it?

33rd ranked
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • yahoo
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        Under review  ·  7 comments  ·  Messages and conversations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Some scheduled files STILL not going out

Although this has supposedly been fixed
                                        (see https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/5290419-scheduled-files-not-all-going-out
                                        and
                                        https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/4729163-automated-scheduled-messages-are-not-being-sent-on)

my group's monthly scheduled file has not gone out for many months now.

My group:
                                        https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Coastside_freecycle/

Note: Although I edited the file on Sept. 2, it has indeed existed for years now.

64th ranked
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • yahoo
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • The Calendar event reminders are not going out. PLEASE FIX!!!

The Calendar event reminders are not going out. PLEASE FIX!!!

21st ranked
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • yahoo
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            Under review  ·  21 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 32 33
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base