US Groups

Welcome to Yahoo Group’s feedback forum! We welcome new feedback and feature ideas. Please share your feedback on Yahoo Groups and vote for ideas you like.

For any help or issues with the product please visit Yahoo Help or contact Yahoo’s Customer Care

Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups further.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Major Glitch with Delete/remove/leave group Functions going on

Dear Yahoo! It appears there is a system wide glitch / bug that is affecting many delete functions in addition to the "remove member" "leave group" function.

Many have provided feedback individually. Can you consolidate this issue and votes and escalate it? Thank you for your hard work in providing us with a great product. We appreciate your prompt review of this issue.

See:

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/5147798-delete-functions-have-a-glitch-as-of-12-6-delete

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/5147378-unable-to-remove-member-from-group

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/5147119-i-am-a-moderator-of-my-group-and-i-am-currently-un

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/5147001-delete-button-not-working-on-attachments-in-neo

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/5146199-cannot-delete-old-links-please-fix

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/5144945-i-can-t-delete-obsolete-memberships-any-more-firs

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/5142990-can-t-remove-members-and-members-can-t-leave-group

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/5142328-trying-to-delete-an-old-group-it-wont-delete-nor

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/5141384-remove-member-is-broken

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/5140687-unable-to-delete-a-member

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/5139198-we-can-t-delete-our-photos-12-5-2013

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/5123703-unable-to-delete-members-due-to-error

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/5119554-yahoogroups-has-bugs-remove-delete-

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/5118108-cannot-remove-members

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/5117613-major-deterioration-in-management-facility-over-la

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/5107830-fix-the-broken-leave-group-function-

553 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      78 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to gather all the similar posts to yours. I’ve gone ahead and merged those that clearly are the same issue (there are a couple that are too vague to confirm if it’s the same issue or not).

We have reported this issue to the engineers and they are looking into the cause and a potential fix. We’ll provide you with further updates once available.

Again, thank you for your feedback and all the details you took the time to provide!

Yahoo Support Staff

• Disaster When Editing Database File

As a Yahoo Group owner/moderator of a particular group for many years, I "edited" an active Database file. It is my responsibility to keep Database files up-to-date. Members of this Group may not create nor edit any database file. Database files benefit ALL members of my Group.

Recently, I edited an important file and, after clicking "Save," I was denied access to this Database file. This Database file now reads: "Updated on Dec. 28, 1969. All members now see that same statement.

As a test, I made one simple change in an ordinarily less active Database file. After clicking "Save"…

302 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        6 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Return Groups format to prior format that WORKS!

The new format does is NOT user friendly and works poorly and destroys some of that attracts new members to my group.

The home page is gone. People join my group to get photos of their dogs edited and honored by being posted on the group home page which is now GONE! Only ONE of the photos can be seen at ALL.

The functionality of all parts of the group is severely degraded and NOT user friendly.

I tried to reorder groups and the functionality is so bad as to make it almost worthless. I can ONLY scroll to the…

58,119 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          6343 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve made a number of changes to the new experience, based on feedback from you, some of them are:

1. Previous / Next navigation to move from one message or topic to another is now working well

2. The default page that opens when clicking on a group name on the left navigation panel is messages as requested by many of our users

3. The messages list shows a larger preview of the message this is the same view as seen on the ‘Groups home’ page that has latest updates from across your groups

4. Message history is more discoverable on the conversation toolbar – this allows access to messages from the archive by specific month and year

5.Photos albums and photos have their title information displayed by default ( it was appearing on hover)

6. Files – list of files and folders can be sorted alphabetically.

7. Improvements in…

• Every single group owner I know loathes NEO and wants Classic groups format back!

I own/moderate ~4 dozen Yahoo! groups with a combined membership total of ~165,000 members. In the old format, I could approve or deny membership join requests 25 at a time from a drop-down menu at the top or bottom of the page (not so in NEO). I could sort all members alphabetically, by join date or message delivery style, as I d not permit people to join my groups and elect to receive NO MAIL (sure sign of a $pammer and they are 'dead weight' contributing nothing to the group and Yahoo! can't **** advertising banners at them) also, not…

89 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            15 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • yahoo group is moving in wrong direction....... i feel sorry for you yahoo developer team

i am owner of nidokidos group having 500000 + members

i am so much hopeless with the NEO interface of yahoo group and i reject it totally. its a disaster.

the classic version of yahoo group required a lot of improvements , and i was waiting for those improvements to be done , but yahoo group started moving in opposite direction , towards disaster....

for example.
            1) yahoo group need to get rid of open groups , they are just baskets of spams , their existence was giving bad name to yahoo group

2) yahoo group need to improve the…

2,004 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              Under review  ·  176 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • 9,911 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                546 comments  ·  Photos experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve introduced cover image per Group that can be customized by the group owner and moderator. We have default images that can be removed and your custom image added.

Move your mouse over the cover image and if you are the owner or moderator, you will see “Change cover image” button.

The Group image that was already submitted is preserved and not lost. It is used as a thumbnail, part of the search results and the listing of the group in the Groups directory. We will consider bringing this back on the “About Group” page.

• List of issues faced and feature enhancements requested

Original Title : Features bugging or missing in groups - situation on november 15

Nubia, owner of Nubia_group, 38.000+ members

1- i cannot approve any member on the web ->> same error message "Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content." i am obliged to approve all members via email
                i am owner of an other smaller group, and in this one I CAN APPROVE members
                why i cannot approve in one group and i can in an other ?

2 – The pending mails as you show them is a nightmare to manage the pending should be as a…

192 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

1- I cannot approve any member on the web

Yahoo :This is not an issue and it works fine – Please log a ticket with customer care we can assist you with this.

2 – The pending mails as you show them is a nightmare to manage the pending should be as a LIST like before – this is not suitable for big groups who have a lot of mails in pending 
the way the pending mails actually show up are exactly like if you had 100 mails in your mail box alll open at the same time and showing one after one 
you must add back the pending mails as a LIST

Yahoo: The enhancement to show all messages in expanded view one below the other was made based popular request from our customer on this forum.

3 – pending mails : VIEW SOURCETHIS IS A BASIC

• Improve Database feature - usability and increase limits on columns and rows per table

Original title:
                  " New groups database has been rendered useless. Please change back."

Our dog rescue group which is entirely run by volunteers, is heavily reliant on the database functionality. In past, through the use of Yahoo groups, we have been able to save the lives of 1500+ dogs. Within our group we all use it as a reference point for dogs in need, foster parent dogs in care, contact lists, applications in flight and a bucketload of other critical information.that we use day in and day out.

This new database is neither fish nor fowl. Sort of excel like,…

5,478 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    202 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Ann, Thank you for the feedback.

We wish to continue to support you in your efforts. We will look into the issues with database editing and the desire to have more than 10 columns, that you have pointed out.

- Yahoo Groups Product Team

• Photos problem

As owner of several craft groups - I have found that it is not possible to delete pictures or move to another album - this did work once but not this week - What is happening - please Fix this urgently!!!!! All I get is the purple band saying an error occurred loading the content!!!!

93 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      5 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Apostrophes in text files are converted to "'" gibberish, viewed from all browsers.

Apostrophes in text files are converted to "'" gibberish, viewed from all browsers. Please fix this bug. Our old files used to look fine, but since Neo, the apostrophes have been converted to the gibberish.

356 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        49 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this issue. As this is a continuation of an issue we believed was resolved, we’d like to investigate this further. If you’re still seeing this issue, please post the name of your Group here:

http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/index;_ylt=Am7gtU4DnwGKmx_L8UXxTIsP.Bd.;_ylv=3?sid=396546285

If you do not want to post your group name publicly, please contact the Groups team via email here:

http://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?locale=en_US&y=PROD_GRPS&page=contact

The more information you provide, the more our support staff will be able to assist.

I’m setting this idea as ‘under review’ so others can add their experiences in their groups (in case it’s more than just apostrophes causing the issue).

Thank you for participating!

• Files are being corrupted on upload.

I load a zipped file regularly and have done for years. Same software, same platform but suddenly the files are corrupt. I have proved it is Yahoo doing this - started on 10th December - possibly 9th

44 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          6 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Is anyone at Yahoo listening to the complaints and problems with NEO?????????????????

We have been unable to delete anything on the groups for three weeks now - has anyone at Yahoo been made aware of this problem - I managed to contact Customer Care but so far only received the basic acknowledgement.

Give us all a Happy Christmas by sorting out these errors - P L E A S E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

33 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Editing Messages Not Working in New Format

Your new format that now allows us to reject messages with comments sent to both sender and moderators is a definite improvement. But with it, we LOST THE ABILITY TO EDIT MESSAGES. It says we can edit, but we can't. That's been true for two days now. I'm so tired of editing a message and then getting the purple bar that says, "Trouble loading content" with all my edits and hard work gone! It is VERY frustrating. PLEASE FIX ASAP.

126 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              18 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Ann

Thank you for your positive comment about the improved message approval experience, we recently rolled out. On the issue you have reported, we will look into it.

• manage my groups/all my groups

I belong to a lot of groups. Scrolling through manage my groups and all my groups page is time consuming and freezes frequently. Please change back to the pages version as was the case in classic. Please.

115 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                Gathering feedback  ·  18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • List of ISSUES with NEO - things to restore or fix or add - please add your comments

Here is an update to the list of issues we still have with NEO and which many are posting about in the Group Managers Forum, Group of Groups, Email List manager and on
                                http://yahoogroupedia.pbworks.com/w/page/68466246/Yahoo%20Groups%20Neo

We all took a lot of time to provide comments before and we were up to over 500 votes but I no longer see that feedback - so here is a fresh one:

1- REJECT A POST WITH REASON: as you used to be able to do in classic . This means that via web browser you can have the option in pending messages to select…

741 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  67 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • There is something that needs to be done to improve Groups

An enhancement can be done to Groups. If I share the idea it will be added by Yahoo and will not have any monetary benefit to me. Pay me $100000 atleast for the suggestion then I will advice.

33 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    1 comment  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Usability issues with Database feature in Yahoo Groups

Original Title : Man up and admit you got it wrong!!!!!

The Database is so full of problems, when will you be sorting it out - my members are unable to update the Database - our groups function using the Databases for our card and ATC exchange programmes.
                                    I tried to put an address book in so they could then see the FULL address including Postcodes (most important in the UK) but on checking it the columns go all over the place - not as I want to see it - so muddly and impossible to read. A week ago…

2,194 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      41 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Jan,

We apologize for the issues you have been experiencing with databases. We are working on resolving a number of concerns raised about the database experience and we hope to resolve them to your satisfaction.
                                      Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

• We need the option to view a message with a fixed width font (not just plain text)

I have several groups that have large archives of files with "CHARTS" created to be viewed with fixed width (mono-spaced) font. example: go to SweetAdelinesScores - the very first message which can be viewed by non-members. Scroll down and you will see what was once a beautiful chart if viewed with fixed width font. Nice columns and everything. Now it is a jumble and not at all acceptable to my group members... and I'm sure my groups are not the only ones to depend on this feature.

I posted this before and it got up almost 120 votes and then…

546 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        Under review  ·  67 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • 22 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          4 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • 155 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            Under review  ·  17 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 143 144
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base