browsing password-protected opendap sites

Message from the ncbrowse mail list.

Good afternoon,

I was wondering if ncBrowse is able to handle opendap servers which
require a username/password?  I tried connecting to a local server,
passing the credentials in the URL (i.e. something of the form
"http://user:password@some.server.com/some/dataset";), but it appears that
the username/password are ignored by ncBrowse.  The server log reports the
same '401' response regardless of whether or not I include the
username/password, and ncBrowse doesn't display any errors.  I can provide
a test account on our server if it would help debug this issue.

Thanks,
Mike