Skip navigation
268 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 6, 2013 2:02 PM by iCOLOSSUS RSS
MjWilliams23 User 14 posts since
Oct 11, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 6, 2013 1:39 PM

68W to Doctor?

I am currently enlisted as a 68W, my ultimate goal is to become an Army doctor... What is the route I would take to become a doctor while im still enlisted!

• iCOLOSSUS User 175 posts since
    Oct 15, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Feb 6, 2013 2:02 PM (in response to MjWilliams23)
    Re: 68W to Doctor?

If you're not going the college route for medical school then you could see if you qualify for the Unifrmed Services University of Health Sciences.

http://www.usuhs.mil/

Requirements:

http://www.usuhs.edu/medschool/somfaqs.html#academicrequirements

"

What are the academic requirements for admission into the USU School of Medicine?

The USU School of Medicine accepts students with a variety of interests and talents.  Our student body represents a diverse educational background.  However, in order to be accepted in the SoM program, students must achieve the following:

1. Attain a baccalaureate degree as of June 15 of the year of planned matriculation from an accredited academic institution in the United States, Canada or Puerto Rico.
    2. Completed at least on academic year of general or inorganic chemistry including laboratory; one academic year of general or inorganic chemistry including laboratory; one academic year of organic chemistry including laboratory; one semester of calculus (precalculus or computer science courses are not accepted); one academic year of general physics including laboratory (courses in anatomy are not acceptable); one academic year of biology including laboratory (botany courses are not acceptable); one academic year of college English (introductory courses in composition or literature are acceptable).

An academic year of coursework consists of studies extending over a two-semester or three-quarter period and carries total credits of between eight and 12 quarter hours."

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points