US Department of Health and Human Services
FDA US Food and Drug Administration Center for Tobacco Products, Share, Comment, and Vote on Ideas
bar with center colors

I suggest FDA add these tools to improve tobacco retailer education

A sign warning of the adverse effects of tobacco on pregnancy & SHS needs to be posted where tobacco

A video regarding the adverse effects of smoking during pregnancy on mothers and fetuses should be available in all prenatal clinics and for obstetricians. A video also needs to be available to be played for mothers aftert delivery to warn them of the adverse effects of tobacco smoking on their infants and other children. Also a discussion of third hand smoke residues and how to eliminate them would be helpful.

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service

You'll receive a confirmation email with a link to create a password (optional).

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    T. Allen Merritt, M.D., MHAT. Allen Merritt, M.D., MHA shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service

You'll receive a confirmation email with a link to create a password (optional).

Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Reid CarterReid Carter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe this will influence a lot of mothers to avoid smoking near the baby.

• Kelly Adams, M.D.Kelly Adams, M.D. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Such a video would also ensure that the recommendations of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and those of the American Academy of Pediatrics would be implemented. While meaningful use requires identification of smokers in electronic medical record for those 13 years or older, it does nothing to help them get the assistance needed. A video in several languages used in the U.S. besides English and Spanish to include several Native American Languages, Creole, Haitian, French, and Chinese would be an important contribution in efforts to reduce maternal smoking during pregnancy. thanks

Feedback and Knowledge Base

If you have questions about the FDA Center for Tobacco Products, please email AskCTP@fda.hhs.gov.

Please note that FDA will only post on-topic ideas and comments within this forum that conform to our comment policy. Additionally, the UserVoice service FDA employs to provide this forum is not a government entity. To review our Comment Policy and our Notice of Third-Party Website Use, please visit http://go.usa.gov/3jT.