Thread: Joining SF

Hybrid View

Default Joining SF

Hey everyone,

Im currently thinking about Joining the Guard and applying to be in special forces. I have found that the nearest special forces unit is a little over two hours away from me. I have a national guard unit in my hometown that I live in. If I want to enlist in the guard and into special forces, do I have to drive to the SF Unit or can I apply in my hometown?

Any help would be awesome! Thanks

Default Re: Joining SF

Quote Originally Posted by jmninetwo View Post
    Hey everyone,

Im currently thinking about Joining the Guard and applying to be in special forces. I have found that the nearest special forces unit is a little over two hours away from me. I have a national guard unit in my hometown that I live in. If I want to enlist in the guard and into special forces, do I have to drive to the SF Unit or can I apply in my hometown?

You can work with the recruiter that is closest to you. Obviously if you make it all the way through you will be driving to the SF unit for training.
    Staff Sergeant
    11B, 11C, 79T, 27D
    OEF 2002,Operation Anaconda
    OIF Invasion & 2009
    Rakkasan!!

Hey everyone,

Quote Originally Posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
    You can work with the recruiter that is closest to you. Obviously if you make it all the way through you will be driving to the SF unit for training.
    In order to process for enlistment for a SF recruit contract (REP 63) you will have to work with the SF recruiter within the state that has a NG SF unit. You CANNOT enlist for SF in a state that does not have any SF units.

Now you can enlist in your home state for some other MOS and then later on in your military career apply/try-out for SF in the other state. But you would have to meet the minimum prior/current service requirements for SF before applying.
    Last edited by SF Hunter; 22 Hours Ago at 01:16 PM.
    De Oppresso Liber "To Free the Oppressed"

ARNG Special Forces Precision Recruiter

ive spoken with the SF operator on the phone and he gave me in information for the unit, I tried contacting the recruiter for the unit and so far I havent been able to get a hold of anyone

jmninetwo, I would give it a little time. I know first hand that some SF recruiters also servce on teams, so you should allow for a period of time to hear back in case they are in training. I also might suggest looking up the local unit to see if there is a POC phone number to call (as opposed to directly calling the recruiter). Shoot me a PM if you would like to hear more about the REP-63 process as I signed back in May. I'm shipping towards the end of September.

ive spoken with the SF operator on the phone and he gave me in information for the unit, I tried contacting the recruiter for the unit and so far I havent been able to get a hold of anyone
    Answered question through PM
    De Oppresso Liber "To Free the Oppressed"

ARNG Special Forces Precision Recruiter