Thread: what to ask for???

Hybrid View

Default what to ask for???

My fiance is a srg in the army national guard something abput an E5, He is getting deployed in 19 months but is to embarrassed to ask what all help we currently or will qualify for. Right now we are not married but we are expecting a child and he has one that lives with us full time and once we are married he will have two step children. I heard from a few other soldiers that there is some type of program once you become an E5 that will help with rent and I have also heard about BAH but I dont know what either are or what we have to do to qualify who would he talk to and what would he ask for?

Default Re: what to ask for???

I'm only going to lightly assume chasing of the tags.

That being said, while deployed, your husband will get BAH w/ Dependents. But let me make it clear to you that as a fiance, the Army doesn't recognize you. Only marriages. He will also receive extra money for any of his kids under the age of 18. If he were married, he would get separation pay (unless sep pay is with children, too).

The National Guard offers tons of help for families while the Soldier is overseas and even back home.

A more personal question: He has a kid and you are about to have a kid. When you're married, why would HE 'inherit" two step-children?
    "I repeat the question is not about my army values or anything but legal matters."

- Should never have been said.

In addition to what Mr_Loki, I would recommend taking a look at the National Guard website for some general information on how the National Guard pay works: http://bit.ly/NWb8Io

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Loki View Post
    A more personal question: He has a kid and you are about to have a kid. When you're married, why would HE 'inherit" two step-children?
    That confused me as well...well, most of that post confused me actually.
    VANG:1997- Current
    13B, 42A, 79T
    RSP NCO: Jan 07-Apr 12
    Operation Noble Eagle
    OIF III

What in the world are you trying to say OP?
    1LT IN NJ ARNG

Quote Originally Posted by Polo08816 View Post
    What in the world are you trying to say OP?
    Basically she is saying that she is engaged to a military guy, knows him well enough to say that he is a "srg in the army national guard something", and wants to know what freebies and benefits she can milk while the man is away doing his job.
    Last edited by ParalegalNCO1; July 20th, 2012 at 11:12 AM.
    Staff Sergeant
    11B, 11C, 79T, 27D
    OEF 2002,Operation Anaconda
    OIF Invasion & 2009
    Rakkasan!!

Quote Originally Posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
    Basically she is saying that she is engaged to a military guy, knows him well enough to say that he is a "srg in the army national guard something", and wants to know what freebies and benefits she can milk while the man is away doing his job.
    I'm not ashamed to admit that I was actually waiting for you to comment on this thread.

"It's a trap!" ~ Admiral Akbar
    ''It is the love of country that has lighted and that keeps glowing the holy fire of patriotism.''

Sigh.... if only she was more intelligent, she might be more successful.
    1LT IN NJ ARNG