Thread: Ship 20130109 - What to expect?

Hybrid View

Default Ship 20130109 - What to expect?

Newly enlisted here. Shipping to Ft. Leonard Wood 20130109 and wanting to know what to expect. Weather, is it still a community shower, still ticks?, how is basic? Anything helpful.

Default Re: Ship 20130109 - What to expect?

What is your MOS?

All I know is that I will be returning from Afghanistan in December and I am so siked. By time you have started basic, I will be on leave and finished a 3rd combat deployment. Like what John McClane said in Die Hard, "Welcome to the party, pal!!"
    Chief Warrant Officer, US Army
    Former Marine & Guardsman
    OIF IV, OEF X & XIII "BASTOGNE!"

I'm 88M...welcome back

Quote Originally Posted by ATLRecruit View Post
    Weather, is it still a community shower
    Ok, I'm sorry I can't help myself (grammer patrol). Yes, I suppose the "weather" is still a community shower seeing as how when it rains we all get wet together.

As to "whether" or not it is still a community shower in the latrine, generally yes, but separate shower stalls.
    VANG:1997- Current
    13B, 42A, 79T
    RSP NCO: Jan 07-Apr 12
    Operation Noble Eagle
    OIF III

Quote Originally Posted by HR NCO View Post
    Ok, I'm sorry I can't help myself (grammer patrol). Yes, I suppose the "weather" is still a community shower seeing as how when it rains we all get wet together.

As to "whether" or not it is still a community shower in the latrine, generally yes, but separate shower stalls.
    Perhaps he really was asking about the weather?

Quote Originally Posted by HR NCO View Post

I'm sorry you read it wrong. It was 3 separate questions. Weather?, Is it still a community shower?, and is still ticks?

Quote Originally Posted by ATLRecruit View Post
    I'm sorry you read it wrong. It was 3 separate questions. Weather?, Is it still a community shower?, and is still ticks?
    Weather: I went during the summer. It hit 104 degrees Fahrenheit with 100% humidity and stayed around 100 every day we were on the range. It rained almost every other day with frequent Tornado warnings throughout the cycle. Since you're going during the Fall/Winter, expect snow and freezing temperatures.

Community Shower: My latrines had a community shower and we were in the "Starship" Barracks. Whether this bothers you or not, don't be that guy that doesn't shower because he's shy. You will get called out on it, and your Drill Sergeants will not like it.

Ticks: FLW is notorious for them. Do checks everytime you go out into the field. I was lucky that I never got them but a buddy of mine had almost 10 after we got back from CEFTX; our final AIT field problem.

Good luck.
    "Freedom is a light for which many men have died in darkness"
    12B - Combat Engineer
    TX ARNG/ROTC