Thread: Weather in the woods?

Hybrid View

Default Weather in the woods?

So whats the weather like in Ft lwood during aug-dec? Is it how im thinking? extremely warm, humid, and full of mosquitos. Then it gets friggin cold like in the 10's and 20's?

By the way I just enlisted as a 21b and my bct time is 20100830.

Z

Default Re: Weather in the woods?

August can be kinda warm, much more hot than you are used too in Michigan. Starts getting cool, in Sept-Oct and down around freezing in later on. One thing I remember about FLW was the sky, it was always very pretty to me. Everything there is either gravel, or some form of powdered dirt.

Sounds good to me. I'm 21 now and all I can remember about august and sept of michigan was doing double and triple sessions in football with 90+ degree weather. So I can imagine it being close but maybe more muggy?

Thanks for the information sir, much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt. Z
    So whats the weather like in Ft lwood during aug-dec? Is it how im thinking? extremely warm, humid, and full of mosquitos. Then it gets friggin cold like in the 10's and 20's?

By the way I just enlisted as a 21b and my bct time is 20100830.

Z
    Sounds good to me. I'm 21 now and all I can remember about august and sept of michigan was doing double and triple sessions in football with 90+ degree weather. So I can imagine it being close but maybe more muggy?

Thanks for the information sir, much appreciated!
    All of your assumptions are correct, but you'll miss the worst of it.

Our cycle was March-August and, from experience, I can say that you'll be in luck. Your first month will be hot and humid, but Red Phase always stinks. I'd rather be hot, though, than deal with 30's and rain and the DS not letting us wear field or rain jackets. Blue Phase, when you'll be shooting, should be nice, warm and sunny. White Phase, when you do your FTX, should be nice and cool. And then for AIT it'll get colder, but you'll get enough perks and be able to dress accordingly. You'll miss the coldest and hottest months. My opinion from experience, anyways.
    Last edited by chd; May 25th, 2010 at 07:32 AM.
    RI ARNG * 31B * 1/2009 - Present
    OEF Veteran (JTF-GTMO)

So whats the weather like in Ft lwood during aug-dec? Is it how im thinking? extremely warm, humid, and full of mosquitos.
    More like full of ticks. I don't recall seeing one mosquito the entire time i was there.
    31B
    "For those I love, I will sacrafice"- unknown

Quote Originally Posted by kswat07
    More like full of ticks.
    HA - oh man, the memories...

You really haven't lived until you've seen 20+ mostly-to-fully-naked dudes in the barracks' latrine checking each other for ticks after a day in the field.
    RI ARNG * 31B * 1/2009 - Present
    OEF Veteran (JTF-GTMO)

My Basic was in late August at Ft. Wood, and it was hot and humid,
    then turned to hot and rainy,
    then cold and rainy,
    then freezing.

Great time of year for Basic.

Good to know... I'm looking forward to going and getting it done and over wtih! haha. I'm sure it will be an experience that will stick with me for the rest of my life.

Thanks again.

Feb. to mid June was perfect. coold when i got there, but not too bad, and hot when i was leaving, but we got all the good weather in between.