Thread: Socks- ACU's

Hybrid View

Default Socks- ACU's

What color should the socks be for the ACU? And how do you lace your boots- underneath, then right over left?

I looked it up in the "Battle Book" but it wasn't in there.

I was also wondering if, the belt is required, and are dog tags a part of the ACU? Thanks.

Default Re: Socks- ACU's

Brown Socks. Light Brown are what I get at the PX, but I got some dark brown ones on a Marine Base that I like, too.

ID Tags are part of the uniform.

I start underneath when lacing. About three eyes up I go straight up to the next eye instead of across, because I have a high arch.

Or green socks.

If you can't see em, does it really matter?
    ADAM W. BURRITT
    Captain, Logistics
    Education Services Officer
    Commander, A Co, 3643rd BSB
    NHARNG

I actually have ankle high socks on right now. I have never been involved in a sock check outside of BCT.

Some things I do on my boots is when I start to lace, at the bottom when you are evening out the strings, so they are equal on both side. I put a overhand knot. That prevents them from ever having one side longer than the other. I also have overhand knots at each end. It prevents the lace from ever coming out of the eyelet. Some boots are different, I have mine set for fast on and fast off

I know it was a crazy question. I don't want to go to the Fed rec board with the wrong colored socks on.

I've heard they sometimes ask crazy stuff, last thing I need is to show up with the wrong colored socks on.

So it doesn't matter how you lace them? And is the belt mandatory?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain4me
    What color should the socks be for the ACU? And how do you lace your boots- underneath, then right over left?

I looked it up in the "Battle Book" but it wasn't in there.

I was also wondering if, the belt is required, and are dog tags a part of the ACU? Thanks.

Sir some things you aren't going to find in the Battle book.

ID Tag:
    1–16. Wear of identification tags and security badges
    a. Identification (ID) tags. The wear of ID tags is governed by AR 600–8–14.
    (1) Soldiers will wear ID tags at all times when in a field environment, while traveling in aircraft, and when outside
    the continental United States.
    (2) Personnel will wear ID tags around the neck, except when safety considerations apply (such as during physical
    training).

SOCKS AND Belt:

15. THE BLACK OR TAN RIGGER BELTS ARE AUTHORIZED TO BE WORN WITH THE ACU.

16. BLACK, TAN, OR GREEN SOCKS ARE AUTHORIZED TO BE WORN WITH THE ACU.

Boot lacing

5E1. ARMY COMBAT BOOTS (HOT WEATHER AND TEMPERATE WEATHER) MADE OF TAN ROUGH SIDE OUT CATTLEHIDE LEATHER WITH A PLAIN TOE AND TAN RUBBER OUTSOLES. THE BOOTS ARE LACED DIAGONALLY WITH TAN LACES, WITH THE EXCESS LACE TUCKED INTO THE TOP OF THE BOOT UNDER THE BLOUSED TROUSERS, OR WRAPPED AROUND THE TOP OF THE BOOT. METAL CLEATS AND SIDE TABS, AND SEWN-IN OR LACED-IN ZIPPER INSERTS ARE NOT AUTHORIZED. A RUBBER OUTSOLE IS THE ONLY OUTSOLE MATERIAL THAT CURRENTLY MEETS THE NEED FOR DURABILITY AND TRACTION ON SURFACES. OTHER MATERIALS (THAT MAY BE OF A LIGHTER WEIGHT) MAY HAVE SIGNIFICANT PROBLEMS IN THESE AREAS.
    Sidekicks are supposed to put the cap back on the toothpaste.