Thread: 11b operating at over 100%

Hybrid View

Default 11b operating at over 100%

My recruiter told me that 11b was operating at around 140 some %. and that I wouldnt be able to get in right now, If I wanted to stick it out and wait, how long would it be before I could go in?
    I want to join and be a warrior, not something else.

Also, I'm qualified to go in as E-3. I've been told that on the papers it will still E-1(or atleast on the first paper you sign). Is this true, or should I be on the look out for something like that to happen and me end up not getting what I was told I would get?

Default Re: 11b operating at over 100%

As to your first question, 11B is not the only combat MOS. If you don't want to wait, which could be a while, you might look into some of the others like 19D or 31B. With the military downsizing, there's no telling when 11B slots could open up.

As to your second question, I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by tmartin0175 View Post
    wow...yeah...I love the ignorance of the youth

Anyways...now to answer the actual questions. 11B may be 140% in your specific state, but that doesn't mean it is like that everywhere else. There is no way to really know how long it will remain over strength.

If you have the qualifications to be promoted to E3 you can be promoted to E3 still. What are the qualifications you have?
    VANG:1997- Current
    13B, 42A, 79T
    RSP NCO: Jan 07-Apr 12
    Operation Noble Eagle
    OIF III

Quote Originally Posted by tmartin0175 View Post
    My recruiter told me that 11b was operating at around 140 some %. and that I wouldnt be able to get in right now, If I wanted to stick it out and wait, how long would it be before I could go in?

Also, I'm qualified to go in as E-3. I've been told that on the papers it will still E-1(or atleast on the first paper you sign). Is this true, or should I be on the look out for something like that to happen and me end up not getting what I was told I would get?
    140% strength is extremely high that it would make me skeptical. It's hard to tell how long it would be before you could go in. Have you considered 19D (Cav Scout)? It's similar.

Don't kid yourself on 11 series being the "only warriors". If you are taking fire in theatre, you better be a warrior if you want to get home regardless of your MOS.

The only real warriors are Avatars anyways.

1LT IN NJ ARNG

Quote Originally Posted by Polo08816 View Post
    140% strength is extremely high that it would make me skeptical. It's hard to tell how long it would be before you could go in. Have you considered 19D (Cav Scout)? It's similar.

Don't kid yourself on 11 series being the "only warriors". If you are taking fire in theatre, you better be a warrior if you want to get home regardless of your MOS.

lol.

They played Act Of Valor the other night and the movie is awesome.
    Chief Warrant Officer, US Army
    Former Marine & Guardsman
    OIF IV, OEF X & XIII "BASTOGNE!"

Quote Originally Posted by fmcityslicker View Post
    lol.

They played Act Of Valor the other night and the movie is awesome.
    They're not warriors...those are "just" seals
    VANG:1997- Current
    13B, 42A, 79T
    RSP NCO: Jan 07-Apr 12
    Operation Noble Eagle
    OIF III

*disclaimer* I just joined and have yet to attend my first RSP weekend, just wanted to share my experience.

I just enlisted in the Virginia National Guard as of 27 SEP as an 11B. My recruiter kept pushing me to go 12B (Combat Engineer), but what can I say, I want to be a grunt lol. He also informed me that 11B was over strength and it would be easier for me to go in as a 12B. I checked the job board for my state on the National Guard website (http://jobs.nationalguard.com/ngb/) and saw there were openings for 11B all over my state. I went down to MEPS and while speaking to my liaison, my recruiter showed up, pushing me again to go 12B. He also informed me that 11B is a Tier 7 job, meaning they really don't need it and I wouldn't get any extra signing bonuses or anything like that. I let them both know I cared more about the job than the bonuses so we continued on with my 11B contract. Past that it was extremely easy, my liaison asked me when I wanted to ship and I told him sometime after 1 JAN. He pulled up a slot for me to ship 23 Jan and everything was smooth sailing from there.

Moral of the story, if that's really the job you want, stick by your guns. Yes it is over strength but that doesn't mean they're not taking 11B recruits. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelofDeth View Post
    *disclaimer* I just joined and have yet to attend my first RSP weekend, just wanted to share my experience.

I just enlisted in the Virginia National Guard as of 27 SEP as an 11B. My recruiter kept pushing me to go 12B (Combat Engineer), but what can I say, I want to be a grunt lol. He also informed me that 11B was over strength and it would be easier for me to go in as a 12B. I checked the job board for my state on the National Guard website (http://jobs.nationalguard.com/ngb/) and saw there were openings for 11B all over my state. I went down to MEPS and while speaking to my liaison, my recruiter showed up, pushing me again to go 12B. He also informed me that 11B is a Tier 7 job, meaning they really don't need it and I wouldn't get any extra signing bonuses or anything like that. I let them both know I cared more about the job than the bonuses so we continued on with my 11B contract. Past that it was extremely easy, my liaison asked me when I wanted to ship and I told him sometime after 1 JAN. He pulled up a slot for me to ship 23 Jan and everything was smooth sailing from there.

Moral of the story, if that's really the job you want, stick by your guns. Yes it is over strength but that doesn't mean they're not taking 11B recruits. Good luck!
    Did you ask him what was Tier 1-6 and 8+?

Simple Google Search tells me Tier 7 is pretty bad@ss: Google Search Result

...no one messes with World of Warcraft characters.
    1LT IN NJ ARNG

Quote Originally Posted by sv9cannon View Post
    As to your first question, 11B is not the only combat MOS. If you don't want to wait, which could be a while, you might look into some of the others like 19D or 31B.
    31B is not a combat MOS, not matter what the MP's like to think. That does not mean that they do not see combat but 31B's are combat support, not combat arms. Combat arms=11B, 12B, 13F, 18(series), 19D. If women can hold the MOS then it is not combat arms.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelofDeth View Post

I just enlisted in the Virginia National Guard as of 27 SEP as an 11B. My recruiter kept pushing me to go 12B (Combat Engineer), but what can I say, I want to be a grunt lol.
    I can tell you from personal experience that a 12B is just as much a grunt as the 11B. At the end of the day the 12B mission is still to support the infantry as is every MOS that is not 11 series but we get dirty, spend plenty of time out in the field, shoot **** and of course blow things up using copious amounts of explosives.

Quote Originally Posted by Polo08816 View Post

Wait, this avatar has Marine blood in it! haha
    Chief Warrant Officer, US Army
    Former Marine & Guardsman
    OIF IV, OEF X & XIII "BASTOGNE!"