Thread: HOR question

Default HOR question

As brief as i can get: (some know that isnt easy for me!)

Mday and Tech at same armory/unit.

I was living in the center of the state, working 60 miles west of HOR, and dating someone 75 miles east of my HOR. BF's to work bypassing HOR in the middle is 120 miles.

I get to tele work out of BF's city currently one day/week, eventually trying to get a two day agreement, re evaluated in a couple months to see if I can get it. The agreement used to be 1 day/week out of my HOR. I'm on a five day work week, no one in this unit does the four day, not sure if its ever been inquired about and denied or no one has asked. I've seen a few Change of Commands here.

I gave up my apartment in my 'HOR'. I do go there sometimes, but have family/friends there not my own living quarters anymore. I also stay about 15 miles from the armory at the Wisconsin Military Academy (WMA) which has $9/day motel like rooms. Depending on WMA's occupency I usually get my own room. I could upgrade to single bed rooms. The community latrine doesnt bother me, used to it by now and it has plenty of privacy anyways. When i'm done with work on Thursdays I head to the BFs until Monday morning and make the 120 drive to work. Mon/Tue/Wed i'm either at WMA or my old HOR staying with others. I asked about staying at the armory 1-3 nights but was told there are too many males that currently do it and I cannot as they dont want to add a female to the mix. (thats another issue that I wont go to right now, but i'm tracking what i've spent being denied, you can count on that, be it gas or WMA!) I have a storage unit in my 'old' HOR in the middle of the state.

My question is...

for drill we get motel rooms for 55+ miles away. My old HOR and the BFs count, infact the BFs is close to getting me a room the night before drill also. I'm not living at my old HOR. I'm not living at the BFs fulltime although if i'm not working on the east side of the state i'm at his house. I spend time 15 miles away during the beginning of the work week staying at WMA but that isnt really a HOR either. I dont want to get in trouble for not telling them I stay 15 miles away three nights a week when i'm doing my Tech job and receive a motel room, however I dont consider WMA my HOR either. I havent changed anything in my records because I can still get mail at my old address and do. I dont really want to change my HOR to the BFs, i'm not living fulltime at my HOR on record either. I'm not trying to make out the best I can either, I actually want it to be correct. I also know I need to get my info up-to-date. What would you do or suggest? I'm homeless!!! lol Actually I have too many homes is more like my issue but for this purpose its that i'm homeless! We are also going to be getting different types of Orders in this next year because of another deployment and I know this is going to be more important in the near future for a few reasons.
    Oct '06 42A
    64th TC, 1158th Trans.
    OIF Feb '09 - Feb '10
    Currently 32d HHC IBCT
    RED ARROW

Default Re: HOR question

Quote Originally Posted by WIBecky74 View Post
    As brief as i can get: (some know that isnt easy for me!)

Mday and Tech at same armory/unit.

I was living in the center of the state, working 60 miles west of HOR, and dating someone 75 miles east of my HOR. BF's to work bypassing HOR in the middle is 120 miles.

I get to tele work out of BF's city currently one day/week, eventually trying to get a two day agreement, re evaluated in a couple months to see if I can get it. The agreement used to be 1 day/week out of my HOR. I'm on a five day work week, no one in this unit does the four day, not sure if its ever been inquired about and denied or no one has asked. I've seen a few Change of Commands here.

I gave up my apartment in my 'HOR'. I do go there sometimes, but have family/friends there not my own living quarters anymore. I also stay about 15 miles from the armory at the Wisconsin Military Academy (WMA) which has $9/day motel like rooms. Depending on WMA's occupency I usually get my own room. I could upgrade to single bed rooms. The community latrine doesnt bother me, used to it by now and it has plenty of privacy anyways. When i'm done with work on Thursdays I head to the BFs until Monday morning and make the 120 drive to work. Mon/Tue/Wed i'm either at WMA or my old HOR staying with others. I asked about staying at the armory 1-3 nights but was told there are too many males that currently do it and I cannot as they dont want to add a female to the mix. (thats another issue that I wont go to right now, but i'm tracking what i've spent being denied, you can count on that, be it gas or WMA!) I have a storage unit in my 'old' HOR in the middle of the state.

My question is...

for drill we get motel rooms for 55+ miles away. My old HOR and the BFs count, infact the BFs is close to getting me a room the night before drill also. I'm not living at my old HOR. I'm not living at the BFs fulltime although if i'm not working on the east side of the state i'm at his house. I spend time 15 miles away during the beginning of the work week staying at WMA but that isnt really a HOR either. I dont want to get in trouble for not telling them I stay 15 miles away three nights a week when i'm doing my Tech job and receive a motel room, however I dont consider WMA my HOR either. I havent changed anything in my records because I can still get mail at my old address and do. I dont really want to change my HOR to the BFs, i'm not living fulltime at my HOR on record either. I'm not trying to make out the best I can either, I actually want it to be correct. I also know I need to get my info up-to-date. What would you do or suggest? I'm homeless!!! lol Actually I have too many homes is more like my issue but for this purpose its that i'm homeless! We are also going to be getting different types of Orders in this next year because of another deployment and I know this is going to be more important in the near future for a few reasons.
    meeting the minimum character requirement....SMH

Somebody help this poor puppy please lol.

What is BF? Boyfriend?

I think you wasting money on gas.
    Chief Warrant Officer, US Army
    Former Marine & Guardsman
    OIF IV, OEF X & XIII "BASTOGNE!"

Dare I ask what address you use to get mail?
    Staff Sergeant
    11B, 11C, 79T, 27D
    OEF 2002,Operation Anaconda
    OIF Invasion & 2009
    Rakkasan!!

Short answer, your HOR should be where you get your mail.

For your situation, if you have several options for that, pick the place that best benefits your mileage and will be consistent so you won't have to keep changing it. You can't just say "I stay at my boyfriends 6 of the 7 days a week, so I'm going to use my boyfriends address. Even though, I have an apartment in my name, all my bills are sent there, and I"m registered to vote there, etc." Uncle Sam doesn't care if you don't stay at your HOR all the time; just that you have one and you're honest about it.

Hope that helps.
    Follow SGT Fuggiti and SGT Howard on their Path to Victory.

Quote Originally Posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
    Dare I ask what address you use to get mail?
    Well since you asked...

My Guard monthly newsletter goes to the BFs. I wanted to change my teleworking location from my on record HOR (center of state) to the BFs and was told I cant be working all over the state and only where I live is the armory I can telework out of. I had a working relationship with both BNs, it is an INF BDE so having me at the BNs until the recent change in allowing females was a change for them, and they had no issues with me being there, in fact since i'm at BDE it worked out best alot of times, instead of them loading something into the TL they just sent it right to me and we talked directly about it. I needed an address to have the newsletter sent to, the one sent to my old apartment was being returned to the unit when I was getting the mail! Figured since i'm teleworking out of there, I should have it sent to there.

Bills and such.... some come to me at my old apartment and are forwarded to me. Other stuff... I know what gets paid when, I never open the bills anyways I just pay or pay automatically from account .... I like it simple! I dont get much mail. Family mostly emails, if they were to send me something it would be to the BFs. I was debating on getting a PO Box near WMA or the town I work in which is about 15 miles apart.

I've only been living like this for a couple months. I actually enjoy it. I like driving, not so much the gas prices. I like living 'simple', set of everything, just mostly the bare essentials in all three places plus my storage unit. Financially I pay to live this way. I pay for the room/food when i'm at WMA which isnt too bad, they even have a chow hall if I want and get there in time, fridge, microwave, pizza oven, and lots of restaurants. I pay money to the BF. I pay when I stay in my old home town or compensate in the end...financially...the family or friends I stay with. I'll hate it once the snow flies. I've only had the Tech job since last March.

Plus i'm open to any transfers/promotions...i'm used to the life style already and moving around. Maybe AGR after I put in a few years in Techland. I havent kissed anyones anything....I go up the slow steady way. I had four years (and a deployment year) of short term orders before Tech with it being my goal since the beginning. But I'm not a conformist either.
    Oct '06 42A
    64th TC, 1158th Trans.
    OIF Feb '09 - Feb '10
    Currently 32d HHC IBCT
    RED ARROW

I like living 'simple'
    Now why would we have any idea other than you being a simple uncomplicated type woman.

The simple answer is just pick an address. Whater they have in the system...thats your HOR. You can't have two, just be able to back up your choice somehow and youll be fine.
    Staff Sergeant
    11B, 11C, 79T, 27D
    OEF 2002,Operation Anaconda
    OIF Invasion & 2009
    Rakkasan!!

Right, I couldnt keep a straight face typing that but in some ways it is true!

I just wanted to run it by everyone and see if anyone came up with any reasons why one isnt legit or something that I didnt think of and it could come back to haunt me. I am not married, not AGR nor do I have dependants so it doesnt come into much play right now, i'm not asking for those type of reasons, I really just want it to be legit.
    Oct '06 42A
    64th TC, 1158th Trans.
    OIF Feb '09 - Feb '10
    Currently 32d HHC IBCT
    RED ARROW

Right, I couldnt keep a straight face typing that but in some ways it is true!

I just wanted to run it by everyone and see if anyone came up with any reasons why one isnt legit or something that I didnt think of and it could come back to haunt me. I am not married, not AGR nor do I have dependants so it doesnt come into much play right now, i'm not asking for those type of reasons, I really just want it to be legit.
    Not sure what you are asking, your HOR doesn't matter. It needs to be somewhere you can be found in an emergency. Mail that is sent there needs to be received by you, that's all. Since you are a tech you forfeit any type of mileage or travel vouchers for working away from your HOR.

In your situation I would use the address with the most BAH.