Thread: Finger Tattoo(s)?

Default Finger Tattoo(s)?

This might seem like a stupid question, but what are the rules regarding finger tattoo(s)? I have found other forums about specific types and what not, but none about ones on the fingers. I know it's part of your hand. I'm just curious.

Default Re: Finger Tattoo(s)?

Quote Originally Posted by Norman86 View Post
    I know it's part of your hand.
    There is your answer
    VANG:1997- Current
    13B, 42A, 79T
    RSP NCO: Jan 07-Apr 12
    Operation Noble Eagle
    OIF III

Well, this *****. I was really hoping to enlist.

If you're REEEEEEALLY hoping to enlist you'll get them removed.

Don't act like the Army is being ridiculous on this. You'll find very few jobs that will hire people with tattoos on their fingers.
    2LT, AL ARNG

"Artillery brings dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."

Has the no-hand regulation go into effect yet? If not you might still be able to get in just under the wire.

Quote Originally Posted by Norman86 View Post
    This might seem like a stupid question, but what are the rules regarding finger tattoo(s)? I have found other forums about specific types and what not, but none about ones on the fingers. I know it's part of your hand. I'm just curious.
    You need to contact a local recruiter to confirm if you are eligible, based on the latest guidelines: Jan 2012 - "Any Applicant that has existing tattoos, brands, body mutilation, or ornamentation on the hands or neck, that are not extremist, indecent, sexist, or ******, are allowed after a determination by RRC (0-5 or above)."

Hands...I could possibly see depending on size and location. But your fingers are almost never covered by a part of the uniform. Gloves are not often required gear to wear. And certainly not in public. They would be seen every time you salute.
    Former 11B/11C OEF Veteran
    IA and NJ Guard 2001-2009
    Check out my 104th PA LRS Video here

Quote Originally Posted by Lance13D View Post
    You'll find very few jobs that will hire people with tattoos on their fingers.
    Not exactly true, I know alot of people with tattoos on their fingers, and all have good jobs. Seems that for a while it was all the rage to have a tattoo around your wedding finger instead of wearing a traditional wedding ring.
    12A
    TAC Officer
    MSARNG

I'm sitting in the airport next to a fellow BCT shipper with finger tattoos.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine2Guard View Post
    Not exactly true, I know alot of people with tattoos on their fingers, and all have good jobs. Seems that for a while it was all the rage to have a tattoo around your wedding finger instead of wearing a traditional wedding ring.
    I've seen that, too, but I'm pretty sure that's not what this guy is talking about. A wedding ring tattoo can be covered up by a wedding ring. Letters or whatever on the knuckles can't and I'm assuming that's what he was referring to. That's probably the only exception to that rule, though.
    2LT, AL ARNG

"Artillery brings dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."

They've got make-up out there you just slap on and it covers up tattoos well.
    I'm sure if you use something like that and just keep it on the down low nobody will have to know.