Thread: Pay Entry Basic Date

Default Pay Entry Basic Date

What exactly is "pay entry basic date"? Evidently it's not as simple as it sounds....?

I Googled till my eyes bled, but all I found was some odd "calculator" that gave me what seemed like a totally random date.

Reason I ask is that the application for state tuition assistance asks for it....

So much paperwork.....so little comprehension.

Default Re: Pay Entry Basic Date

if this is your first enlistment, it is the day you signed up and swore in.

it gets more complicated if this is your second enlistment.

basicly it is the start date for the number of years, months, and days you have in service.

unless you are having a pay issue, don't sweat it.
    Hooah
    SPC Ski

MARYLAND ARNG RECRUITER
    gary.podgurski@us.army.mil

Quote Originally Posted by MGPD03
    What exactly is "pay entry basic date"? Evidently it's not as simple as it sounds....?

I Googled till my eyes bled, but all I found was some odd "calculator" that gave me what seemed like a totally random date.

Reason I ask is that the application for state tuition assistance asks for it....

So much paperwork.....so little comprehension.
    Its on the top of your LES, next to where it says grade it says pay date. That is your PEBD.

Thanks so much guys. I've been pulling my hair out trying to get back into school and between problems with my CAC and jumping through flaming hoops i.e. state and DOD websites...

Good times. Maybe next semester won't be as difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by SPC Ski
    if this is your first enlistment, it is the day you signed up and swore in.

it gets more complicated if this is your second enlistment.

basicly it is the start date for the number of years, months, and days you have in service.

unless you are having a pay issue, don't sweat it.
    Your PEBD, BASD, and DIEMS could all be the same, but for many of us one or more of them could be different. They each mean something different, and have different relevance to various benefits and provisions of law and regulation. If you have a break in service, they could reset to a random date, to allow a forward-counting method to aggregate your future service into a continuous period.
    MATTHEW A. RITCHIE
    Lieutenant Colonel, Virginia ARNG

Don't post until you've read http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/35-Frequently-Asked-Questions

Is there another way I can find out my PEBD without harassing my recruiter so I can get into AKO?

My recruiter wants to verify that I'm in the "system" now by registering on AKO. Unfortunately, the PEBD is an invalid entry for the two dates my recruiter gave me. And he's quite busy lately so getting a hold of him has been difficult.

I'm also prior service and using that PEBD from my first enlistment is coming back as an invalid entry too.
    Sergeant
    MNARNG

OEF Vet

Quote Originally Posted by Mom's Mistake
    Is there another way I can find out my PEBD without harassing my recruiter so I can get into AKO?

My recruiter wants to verify that I'm in the "system" now by registering on AKO. Unfortunately, the PEBD is an invalid entry for the two dates my recruiter gave me. And he's quite busy lately so getting a hold of him has been difficult.

I'm also prior service and using that PEBD from my first enlistment is coming back as an invalid entry too.
    do you have a copy of your DD 1966? it is on page one
    Hooah
    SPC Ski

MARYLAND ARNG RECRUITER
    gary.podgurski@us.army.mil

Quote Originally Posted by Mom's Mistake

Take the day you enlisted into the Guard and then go back the number of years you already have. I did 4 years active, so I add those 4 years along with my 4 years of IRR.
    12A
    TAC Officer
    MSARNG

M2G is spot on with his answer. I just registered my AKO email info and did not know this answer till I searched on here. Google is your friend..lol

this is a nice link

http://www.pec.ngb.army.mil/pebd/

sometimes its called base date instead of basic date to help with your google searches.
    Last edited by fmcityslicker; August 29th, 2011 at 05:58 PM.
    Chief Warrant Officer, US Army
    Former Marine & Guardsman
    OIF V, OEF X, OEF XII

2 year old thread???? Bringin em back from dead
    VANG:1997- Current
    13B, 42A, 79T
    RSP NCO: Jan 07-Apr 12
    Operation Noble Eagle
    OIF III