Thread: Final Decision

Hybrid View

Default Final Decision

I have pretty much made my final decision on how I want to serve. I feel that the O9S route isnt for me. I have spent the past 2.5 years loosing weight getting to the point where I am eligible for military service. My girfirend and I are looking to get married in the near future and the added time away involved along with the responsibilites of the O9S path would be too much of a commitment at this point in my life. I will be able to enlist as a E4 and hopefully get into the 74D, which has always interested me since I enjoy the HAZMAT and bioterrorism/ emergency planning, possibly go the Warrant Officer route in time. I am going to sit down with the recruiter on Monday and start going into the fine details of what MOS will best suit me in my goals and what is available in my state. I will be proud to serve in whatever capacity and wherever and I will endevour to be the best that I can be in whatever I do. I want to thank everyone for all of the information and answers to my questions, even those that were not well researched. However I feel alot better about my decision. It not what I thought it would be, but its what is best for me and mine. Wish me luck. And thanks to all once again.

Default Re: Final Decision

Great! Glad to hear you've found your path. Don't forget you can also get in touch with a recruiter through the Pre-Qualification form online. Good luck and keep us posted.

Default Re: Final Decision

Additionally, you will continue to have other opportunities in the future which you can always choose to explore!