Thread: FT.Sam Huston

Default FT.Sam Huston

Just a few questions. i am leaving for bct in a few months and will be going to ft. Sam Huston after wards for 68w AIT,
    can some one fill me in on how the facilities are at ft.sam huston? I am married and have a child will i be-able to keep a lap top or cell phone? and will there ever bee weekends where i will be able to go off the base and see my family? obviously i knew going into this that i would be away from my family so i am just wantig to get an idea of what to expect so i can be ready.

Thank you

Default Re: FT.Sam Huston

you can have your cell phone and laptop after POI time. It stays locked in your locker duing POI time. Dont even think of trying to sneak it off to class. On weekends you will get passes to go off post after week 6 ( i think thats when it was, may have been week 5). Don't always count on them though. They will revoke them and make you stay on post cleanning for the smallest things.

I went last summer (2011) and we were in the old barracks. I'm pretty sure the new dorm roons are open now so I dont know if you will have internet in your room. We did not.

You will be able to talk to them every night though (except during your FTX at Camp Bullis).
    68W
    CT ARNG