Thread: BCT Graduation Oct 24-25

Default BCT Graduation Oct 24-25

Hello,

My husband will be graduating from BCT at Fort Benning, GA on October 24-25. As I make my travel arrangements, I am wondering if he will get a day off before he ships to AIT in Fort Gordon? I have written to him asking this same thing. I am trying to pinpoint the days I will be there to coordinate my flight dates/times and my hotel reservations.

If anyone has any extra information, it is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Default Re: BCT Graduation Oct 24-25

His orders should show the date he is supposed to report for AIT. Chances are its a day or two after his BCT graduation.

Even with perfect planning, be prepared that he may be sent directly to his AIT without any time off.

Thanks for your replies. On the informational packet I received, the calendar states that soldiers will ship to AIT on 10-25-12, however my husband's official orders give the date of 10-29-12 for his ship date. Any advice on which date would be better to follow? Thank you again!

Generally they will be sent off either the day they graduate or the day after graduation. The dates on the orders are not what you should go by, they are more of guidelines.
    VANG:1997- Current
    13B, 42A, 79T
    RSP NCO: Jan 07-Apr 12
    Operation Noble Eagle
    OIF III