Thread: Losing my reenlistment bonus

Hybrid View

Angry Losing my reenlistment bonus

I could use some insight on my current bonus situation. I just found out that I am being forced to pay 11k of a bonus back. I volunteered for a deployment in another state and now lost my bonus. My intentions were to deploy and return to original unit because that unit was very short manned. Any one have any advice?

Default Re: Losing my reenlistment bonus

Quote Originally Posted by Topher View Post
    I could use some insight on my current bonus situation. I just found out that I am being forced to pay 11k of a bonus back. I volunteered for a deployment in another state and now lost my bonus. My intentions were to deploy and return to original unit because that unit was very short manned. Any one have any advice?
    Give us more details. Was your bonus for CUIC or CMOS, did you IST to the new state? Did you change MOS?....
    Staff Sergeant
    11B, 11C, 79T, 27D
    OEF 2002,Operation Anaconda
    OIF Invasion & 2009
    Rakkasan!!

You say your intentions "were" to deploy and return. Did you do that or did you stay in the new state?
    VANG:1997- Current
    13B, 42A, 79T
    RSP NCO: Jan 07-Apr 12
    Operation Noble Eagle
    OIF III

Look at your bonus addendum. In the "Termination with recoupment" section, it will tell you that if you voluntarily move from your slot/unit your bonus will be terminated with recoupment.

If that's the case, the only thing you can do is submit an Exception to Policy request.