Thread: 35M AIT before or after DLI

Hybrid View

Default 35M AIT before or after DLI

my recruiter shows BCT to AIT, no mention of DLI. does anyone know when i would do dli? i was told my units 35Mikes are "language required"

Default Re: 35M AIT before or after DLI

if you need to go out there, it will be after BCT, but before AIT. they need you to be qualified for the language, as well as have an intact TS/SCI before you step foot on ft. Wegotcha for your Intel training
    VA ARNG 2010-2012
    PA ARNG 2012-Present
    11B

Quote Originally Posted by marreroj View Post
    my recruiter shows BCT to AIT, no mention of DLI. does anyone know when i would do dli? i was told my units 35Mikes are "language required"
    Not all 35M's require a language however, if you need it, you'll get it. I would touch base with your unit just to be sure everyone is on the same page.
    35P
    SPT CO, 2/20th SFG(A)
    MSARNG

Thanks for the info, i just enlisted today and my mos says something along the lines of 35MXXXKP (korean) But All the other paperwork shows FT.jackson for 10 weeks and then straight to Huachuca for around 21 weeks. everyone here (meps liason and recruiter) seems to think i learn korean in Huachuca, but i doubt they can teach anyone a brand new language and MOS in just 5 months, so it seems like they will change up my class dates to include DLI.

P.S i was told i get a "military Handoff" to an RSP unit, will i have the chance to meet With my Inteligence unit Before shipping out?

Quote Originally Posted by marreroj View Post
    Thanks for the info, i just enlisted today and my mos says something along the lines of 35MXXXKP (korean) But All the other paperwork shows FT.jackson for 10 weeks and then straight to Huachuca for around 21 weeks. everyone here (meps liason and recruiter) seems to think i learn korean in Huachuca, but i doubt they can teach anyone a brand new language and MOS in just 5 months, so it seems like they will change up my class dates to include DLI.

P.S i was told i get a "military Handoff" to an RSP unit, will i have the chance to meet With my Inteligence unit Before shipping out?
    haha never trust the meps people. also, it is possible you wont need the language, you will get more concrete orders in BCT. You won't have a handoff to get into RSP, only to get out. I would not worry about meeting up with your unit this early in the game, as by the time you are done training, probably half of them will be different people, run by different leadership. just focus on learning what you can at RSP while you are there
    VA ARNG 2010-2012
    PA ARNG 2012-Present
    11B

So i went and did my paperwork at RSP but no one knows when or IF I study a language, any recent 35M's that can tell me how the training schedule worked out for them?

Korean is 64 weeks long and only taught (for IETers) at DLI, not at Huachuca. Your Unit's Readiness NCO should give you the full deal.
    35P
    SPT CO, 2/20th SFG(A)
    MSARNG