Thread: Going guard

Default Going guard

hello all,
    This is my first post so bear with me please. IM currently a Spc(13D) stationed in FT Campbell. My ETS date is in april and i will be starting terminal leave in Feb. My wife along with my daughter are moving back to our home state of MN. My plan is to join the MN national guard and then go to college full time. So my questions are as follows. Im aware of the GI bill, i qualify for the Post 9/11 gi bill, which one is better? ive heard the post 9/11 one but why? Ive heard something about the TA, does the guard have tuition assistance, and how does it work? Is there any other college orientated bonuses the guard offers? Thank you for your time and any help would be appreciated. FYI i have contacted my on post carrer counselor and he said he cant do anything for me till after October.

Default Re: Going guard

Depending on the zip code and location of your school, your benefits may be better with chapter 1607 or the Ch. 33 Post 9-11 Gi Bill. If you need tuition assistance to cover any extra fees, you may be able to utilize FTA to your advantage. Check your state programs, too. Each state varies on military grant programs for veterans.

It doesn't hurt to call the school you with to attend, directly. They will be able to advise you in the steps it takes to start getting your application and your eligibility for the veteran's programs rolling.