Thread: Questions about becoming enlisted to officer.

Default Questions about becoming enlisted to officer.

Hello, I am currently serving on title 10 active duty enlisted with the National Guard. I am about to be finished with my tour of duty and I am thinking about becoming an officer in the Guard. I obtained my bachelors degree last year right before I went on title 10. So here is the situation. I am currently planning to move to California and need to transfer units there. Once I get there I would like to get in the officer program and I would like to go to graduate school to take advantage of the post 9/11 GI Bill. Here are some questions: Am I eligible to go ROTC for my graduate studies and would the Guard cover my graduate school tuition? If I can't go to ROTC, then am I eligible for a accelerated OCS? I also only used about 18 months of my GI Bill. Also is transferring state to state a hard process?? Thanks for answering these questions in advance.

Default Re: Questions about becoming enlisted to officer.

IST is a fairly easy process. Contact your state IST coordinator. You CAN attend ROTC throughout your graduate program. Considering your course load that would be your best option.

Default Re: Questions about becoming enlisted to officer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose772 View Post
    IST is a fairly easy process. Contact your state IST coordinator. You CAN attend ROTC throughout your graduate program. Considering your course load that would be your best option.
    Agreed. ROTC classes are often Undergraduate classes, so they won't be difficult material. But you will also have "field" and PT obligations, so keep that in mind. Just in case you need some basic information, be sure to check out this ROTC link from the National Guard website.