Janine Pineo
8 results total, viewing 1 - 8
Tune up the pitchfork because it is time to frighten the neighbors and small children with this, my latest carol retooling. more
I love corn. Every year I thought how I would love to grow corn. So I would search the catalogs for a corn variety that I thought would be “the one.” more
The custard was light with a hint of vanilla, but the true star was the squash. The flavor was distinctly that of squash, but sweet because of the sugar. That’s the beauty of Thai food: The flavor is the thing. more
The glow is unmistakable, sparkling in the perennial wasteland left from a vigorous summer of growth. Not a surprise, really, when your Latin name translates to “star.” more
Why is there always a breeze when one is trying to maneuver giant, lightweight pieces of cloth? So it was when the first big frost threatened in mid-September when I decided to haul out the row … more
A dash of whimsy goes into the freshly made soups at Pizza Oven in Bangor. Gary Jewell Jr., who operates the 25-year-old family-owned business with his mother, Kate, said he usually has music playing in the background as he prepares the ingredients for the soups featured on the menu from autumn through spring. more
The garden seemed to have developed a dip overnight. more
With every garden comes knowledge. Like this bit: Jacques Cartier introduced the cabbage to the Americas in the 1540s. Or this bit: Basil, by the time it crossed the Atlantic to our shores, was on par with tomatoes as a sign of witchcraft. more

Contact Us | Help/FAQ | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Copyright ©2009 Bangor Publishing Co.