Tom Hennessey
7 results total, viewing 1 - 7
The way I see it, making New Year’s resolutions is like fishing with frayed leader. That, however, isn’t the only reason I’ve turned to making what I call New Year’s intentions. Let’s just … more
Considering the wariness of white-tailed deer, you’d think hunters hereabouts would have realized the advantages of tree stands way back along. Think about it: deer can’t smell scent drifting … more
Time was when a string of Clorox jugs would toll eider ducks. But allowing that for the past 20 years or so the popularity of guided sea duck hunts has risen like a full-moon tide, that time has … more
Anglers hoping to enter the Penobscot River Striped Bass Tournament (June 21-July 26) are wondering if the fish took a wrong turn somewhere. Normally, runs of stripers - "schoolies" for the most part … more
Like many bird hunters who receive senior citizen discounts, I've noticed that my dog's bell doesn't ring as clearly as it did back along. Allowing that I had become a bit tone deaf, I took the … more
All told, many of the most interesting hunting stories make no mention of shooting. While some of the recounts are dramatic — such as the late Dr. Carl Ruhlin’s golden retriever, Penny, being … more
During "vespers" at a fishing camp in Canada, four high-spirited Sports were casting opinions about whether a reel's drag should be increased while playing a salmon. more

Contact Us | Help/FAQ | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Copyright ©2009 Bangor Publishing Co.