Fred Hill
6 results total, viewing 1 - 6
Several years ago, a senior State Department official said he understood I was from Maine. Was I from Camden? I said no. Why? more
Fifty-five American diplomats held hostage for 444 days in Tehran (1981). A CIA-led overthrow of a democratic Iranian government (1953). Iranian complicity in terrorist bombings of Marine barracks … more
The newly elected president was exhausted when he went to bed at 2 a.m. more
A former Secretary of State traveled to London, Moscow and Jerusalem years ago, and decided to buy a new suit in one city, according to a marvelous anecdote in Aaron Miller’s excellent memoir, “The Much Too Promised Land.” more
As usual, the national political conventions pulsed with harsh rhetoric and wild claims. But both parties and their candidates shed little light on the most important single qualification that’s needed to bring this country out of the dark passage of George W. Bush: leadership. more
During two decades in the newspaper business, I developed a peculiar measuring rod for political, economic and international events: hold on to your hats on Fridays, August, holidays and election years — in that order. more

Contact Us | Help/FAQ | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Copyright ©2009 Bangor Publishing Co.