Ernie Clark
25 results total, viewing 1 - 20
Recommendations by the Maine Principals’ Association that would cut varsity sport schedules in response to the nation’s economic travails have elicited plenty of reaction. more
The Eastern Maine high school basketball tournament begins five weeks from today. more
The Maine Principals’ Association recently announced several recommendations to downsize interscholastic sports in the state. more
It’s been a rough year in these parts. more
Upper Kennebec Valley Memorial High School of Bingham has been a longtime nemesis for the boys basketball program at Greenville High School. more
Last summer high school athletic programs faced a transportation crisis, specifically how to cope with escalating travel expenses given that diesel fuel hovered near $5 per gallon. That crisis has … more
Time to go out on a limb — again — with predictions for the 2008-09 Eastern Maine schoolboy basketball season that begins tonight. more
Dan O’Connell’s formula for coaching success is not revolutionary. “The biggest thing I’ve found is that if you get the community behind you and you treat the kids with respect and get them to believe in themselves, you’re going to be successful,” he said. more
Perhaps this space — and the predictions that follow — should be turned over to colleague Pete Warner, he of the record eighth Bangor Daily News Football Forecast championship secured recently. more
Meandering from topic to topic... more
It was a little more than three years ago, Sept. 16, 2005, when this space was devoted to the fact the Mount Desert Island football team had won its first two games of the season. more
Following the leaders at last Sunday’s Mount Desert Island Marathon produced a certain degree of personal jealousy. more
As Greg Curry loaded firewood on a trailer Sunday morning for delivery to his mother’s house, the Dover-Foxcroft man and avid Boston Red Sox fan couldn’t help bring up the subject that has come to epitomize his favorite team’s current playoff plight. more
When Paul Soucy became Hermon High’s athletic administrator in 2002, one of his early priorities was to identify sports-related needs at the steadily growing school. more
The undefeated Camden Hills of Rockport boys soccer team put on a dominant performance Wednesday afternoon, easily defeating a Gardiner team that had come into their midseason clash with just a single loss of its own. more
I’ve had this math problem for the last three years now. For a while I let it go, believing it was just my problem — much like the problem I had the first time I took college calculus. more
Nate Warren is accustomed to fast starts. He’s the reigning Class C state champion in the 100-meter dash, winning the event last spring in 11.29 seconds. He also helped Bucksport win the state 400-meter relay in 45.56. more
With dusk Friday comes the dawn of a new high school football season. more
With 19 players back from a team that won the Eastern Maine Class D championship a year ago, the Ashland boys soccer team should be back in the postseason mix again this fall. more
The last time varsity football was played in Washington County, it was grounded not by a 3-4 defense but the Great Depression. more

Contact Us | Help/FAQ | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Copyright ©2009 Bangor Publishing Co.