Texas Department of State Health Services Home


   

Find Services | News & Information | Rules & Regulations | Business Information 
 (Buscar)

iconHIV Grant Resources

The following websites were selected and listed here to assist you in finding grants and in writing funding proposals for HIV, AIDS and STD programs.

Texas Department of State Health Services HIV/STD Program
Lists competitive grants that are open to governmental, public, or private nonprofit entities located within the state of Texas, including: city or county health departments or districts, community-based organizations, and public or private hospitals.

Centers for Disease Control, National Center for HIV, STD and TB Prevention
Lists Divisions of HIV/AIDS Prevention funding opportunities.

HRSA Grant Opportunities
Lists open grant opportunities from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), including HIV/AIDS grants.

Ryan White CARE Act
Tools for Ryan White CARE Act grantees

Office of Minority Health (OMH)
This HIV/AIDS section of the Office of Minority Health's website includes information specific to HIV/AIDS including: articles, HIV/AIDS 101, HIV/AIDS data/statistics, HIV/AIDS funding, OMH capacity building services, publications, etc..

Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA) Program
Established by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to address the specific needs of persons living with HIV/AIDS and their families. HOPWA makes grants to local communities, States, and nonprofit organizations for projects that benefit low income persons medically diagnosed with HIV/AIDS and their families.

Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
The leading worldwide nonprofit organization dedicated to identifying, funding and conducting pediatric HIV/AIDS research.

amfAR
Utilizes formal requests for proposal to solicit grant applications for both targeted and general HIV/AIDS research.

DIFFA Dallas
DIFFA/Dallas is the only HIV/AIDS organization in North Texas that provides un-earmarked monies to AIDS service efforts in that community, thus providing for the direct care of persons living with HIV/AIDS. Since 1988, DIFFA/Dallas has granted over $2 million to local programs. The DIFFA (Design Industries Foundation Fighting AIDS) national website is at http://www.diffa.org/.

Gill Foundation
The central focus is the grantmaking activities to provide support to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender (LGBT) and HIV/AIDS organizations throughout the United States.

The HIV/AIDS Surveillance Report
Contains tabular and graphic information about U.S. AIDS and HIV case reports, including data by state, metropolitan statistical area, mode of exposure to HIV, sex, race/ethnicity, age group, vital status, and case definition category. It is published semi-annually by the Division of HIV/AIDS Prevention, National Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

National Library of Medicine
Fact Sheet - AIDS Information Resources: List many resources for researching HIV/AIDS data and information.

Office of AIDS Research
A research program for scientific, budgetary, legislative, and policy elements of the National Institutes of Health.

SAMHSA Grants
This website describes new grant material available online from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration and provides information needed by applicants in responding to SAMHSA requests for applications.

Disclaimer: External links to other sites are intended to be informational and do not have the endorsement of the Department of State Health Services. These sites may also not be accessible to persons with disabilities.

Last updated May 17, 2007

Contact Us | Compact with Texans | Homeland Security | Internet Policy | Site Map | Statewide Search | Texas Online