Texas Department of State Health Services Home


   

Find Services | News & Information | Rules & Regulations | Business Information 
 (Buscar)

iconFIC Videos

The Funding Information Center videos are made available to residents in the state of Texas through the Department of State Health Services Audiovisual Library. To borrow one of the videos below, contact the Audiovisual Library at (512) 458-7260 or toll free 1-888-963-7111 ext. 7260 during the business hours of 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday through Friday, via the Internet at http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/avlib/default.shtm or or in writing at:

Audiovisual Library, MC 1975
Texas Department of State Health Services
P.O. Box 149347
Austin, TX 78714-9347


VC 7103 The Grantwriter's Start-Up Kit Video and Workbook: A Beginner's Guide to Grant Proposals, c2000. VHS color, 30 minutes.
Designed for the fund-raiser looking for practical skills and guidance, this kit shows how to prepare for the process of writing a successful grant proposal.

AC 0001 The Non-Profit Audio Toolkit, c2003. 8 audio CD’s running times listed below.
Workshop presentations from the 2003 Texas Association for Literacy and Adult Education Conference. Managing Time and Projects (51:13). The Importance of Effective Boards (67:07). Common Mistakes Managers Make (68:23). Holding Great Meetings that Make the Difference (50:45). Telling Stories to Change Beliefs, Attitudes and Perceptions (42:41). Developing an Effective Public Relations Communications Strategy (41:49). Mediating Group Differences, The Team Conflict Mediation Process (62:20). Get Things Done, Ten Secrets of Creating and Leading Exceptional Teams (74:15). (ACCNPO)

VC 7806 (VHS) or DV 0005 (DVD) Strengthening Your Non-Profit Organization: A Literacy Case Study, c2003. color 175 min.
Showcases the San Benito Literacy Center as an example of a successful non-profit organization. Focuses on strategic thinking, boards of directors, volunteer participation, and public relations. (ACCNPO)

VC 6798 Texas Department of Health Legal and Fiscal Responsibilities for Nonprofit Board of Directors, c1998. VHS color, 13 minutes.
A professional identifies and explains the responsibilities of the members of a nonprofit board of directors when they receive funding from the Texas Department of Health. Topics addressed include: financial responsibilities, routine contract requirements, financial compliance reviews, compliance standards (financial, quality, and programmatic), sanctions, independent audits, and resources.

VC 7123 The Successful Ask - Part I & II: Winning the Gift, c1995. 2 vol. VHS color, 139 minutes.
Designed for volunteers and staff of institutions seeking grants. Shows how to make critical determinants for a successful solicitation. Explains how to ally anxiety and capitalize on confidence. Demonstrates how to handle objections, short-circuits, and side issues without stress. Includes an exercise to help fundraisers and volunteers learn from objections and build on them for greater success.

VC 7124 Assuring the Gift- Part I: The Dynamics and Marketing of Major Gifts & Part II: Moves Management, c1995. 2 vol. VHS color, 139 minutes.
Designed for board members, volunteers and staff involved in fundraising. Part 1. The Dynamics and Marketing of Major Gifts (39 min.) Provides vital insights and perspective on the role of major gifts in the development enterprise. Discusses strategies, approaches and responsibilities in depth. Part 2. Moves Management (100 min.) Explains "Moves Management," a powerful system for successful major gift fundraising. Includes a foolproof checklist to assure speed application.

VC 7125 The Magic Partnership: What Good Board Members Do, c1995. VHS color, 69 minutes.
Designed for staff involved in fundraising. Gives the twenty-one qualities of a great board member. Explains how to evaluate a board on various vital factors. Discusses the seven sins of trusteeship and how to avoid them. Provides ways to turn inactive trustees into energetic fundraisers.

VC 5746 All About Grants, c1994. VHS color, 83 minutes.
Simplifies the grant-seeking process by familiarizing participants with the process, protocol, and mechanics of grant writing and approaches to fund-raising. It acquaints participants with the basic tools for identifying funding sources.

VC 7126 A Public Trust in Private Hands: Understanding the Work of Nonprofit Boards, c1994. VHS color, 13 minutes.
Designed for staff involved in fundraising. Hosted by CNN anchor, Judy Woodruff. Takes a look at the work of nonprofit board members who serve a diverse group of organizations. Explains the responsibilities of nonprofit boards.


For more information about the Funding Information Center and about how to check out videos, please contact us at the following addresses:

Physical Address:
Funding Information Center
Texas Department of State Health Services
1100 West 49th Street, Tower Bldg., Rm. T-404
(see Central Campus-Austin map)
Austin, TX 78756-3199

Mailing Address:
Funding Information Center, MC 1955
Texas Department of State Health Services
P.O. Box 149347
Austin, TX 78714-9347

Toll free: 1-888-963-7111 ext.7684
Phone: (512) 458-7684
Fax: (512) 458-7683

Please include your name, address, phone and fax numbers, and e-mail address.

Last updated May 17, 2007

Contact Us | Compact with Texans | Homeland Security | Internet Policy | Site Map | Statewide Search | Texas Online