Texas Department of State Health Services Home


   

Find Services | News & Information | Rules & Regulations | Business Information 
 (Buscar)

iconFIC Bibliography

The Funding Information Center (FIC) allows its clients access to a library of funding and nonprofit management resources. The collection includes reference materials for use in the FIC only and materials that may be checked out to clients for a two-week loan period.

You can search for FIC books using the Library Online Catalog. An annual bibliography document in .pdf format is provided below as a courtesy to our clients who wish to print out a list of FIC books. A subject index is included.

2007 Bibliography (523K PDF)

You will need Acrobat (TM) Reader software to view the bibliography. More file viewing information is available on the DSHS website. The FIC collection includes publications on public and private sources of funding, fund-raising and grantsmanship, nonprofit management, program planning and other topics related to public health funding. The bibliography is supplemented throughout the year by the "New Publications" section of the weekly Funding Alert. The FIC also owns videos.

There are collections similar to the Funding Information Center collection throughout Texas such as the Cooperating Collections of the Foundation Center (New York) and the member sites of the Texas Nonprofit Management Support Network.

Who May Borrow

Before books may be requested, individuals in Texas must be on the FIC mailing list and sign a Statement of Responsibility form (.pdf file 29KB, file viewing information). Click here for the html web version. The form can be printed and faxed to us for immediate response to your request. Only one signed form is necessary. There is no cost other than the underlined criteria in the statement of responsibility form.

Clients may request up to three items by fax, e-mail, telephone call, written request or in person. Business hours are 8:00 am - 5:00 pm CST, Monday - Friday. For more information on the FIC's collection, contact the FIC staff at:

Physical Address:
Funding Information Center
Texas Department of State Health Services
1100 West 49th Street, Tower Building, Room T-404
Austin, TX 78756-3199

Mailing Address:
Funding Information Center, MC 1955
Texas Department of State Health Services
P.O. Box 149347
Austin, TX 78714-9347

Toll free: 1-888-963-7111 ext.7684
Phone: (512) 458-7684
Fax: (512) 458-7683

Disclaimer: External links to other sites are intended to be informational and do not have the endorsement of the Department of State Health Services. These sites may also not be accessible to persons with disabilities.

Last updated July 18, 2007

Contact Us | Compact with Texans | Homeland Security | Internet Policy | Site Map | Statewide Search | Texas Online