[NIFL-ESL:10633] Women & Literacy Conference...and more

From: mev@litwomen.org
Date: Mon Dec 06 2004 - 07:58:48 EST

Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 07:58:48 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "mev@litwomen.org" <mev@litwomen.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:10633] Women & Literacy Conference...and more

News form WE LEARN / Women Expanding - Literacy, Education, Action,
Resource, Network

1) 2nd Annual (Net)Working Conference: Strengthening the Web: Women &
Literacy
2) Special Offer on 2 Women & Literacy Publications
3) Take the WE LEARN Action Pledge
---------------------------------<<>>
-------------------------------------
2nd Annual (Net)Working Conference - 2005 / Women’s
Literacy…..Strengthening the Web
Friday & Saturday, March 11-12, 2005, The Inn at Brown University,
Providence, RI

Confirmed Presenters: • Mary Belenky  • Ujwala Samant • Jenny Horsman
Invited Speakers / Panelists: • Sapphire  • Jane Sapp     • Klaudia
Rivera    • Vanessa Sheared

EARLY Registration Deadline: January 15, 2005 (15% discount)
Registration deadline: February 28, 2005

WE LEARN Membership Rate  //  Two-day $80.00 | One-day $45.00

Non-Membership Rate //  Two-day $100.00 | One-Day $55.00

ABE Student Rate  //  Two-Day $15.00 | One-Day $10.00

For more details, go to: http://www.litwomen.org/welearn.html
Or contact: Mev Miller, Ed.D., Director /  401-383-4374  /
welearn@litwomen.org

------------------------------------
<<>>-------------------------------------------------
Special Offer on 2 Women & Literacy Publications -- a WE LEARN
Fundraiser

Give the gift of literacy…to yourself, your friends, and WE LEARN.
WOMEN & LITERACY - Special Publication Bundle
WE LEARN is proud to present a special offer featuring two forums of
writing on women & literacy.
• Women and Literacy: Moving to Power and Participation / Women's
Studies Quarterly (WSQ), 32 (1 & 2)
• The Change Agent, Issue 19: Women & Literacy
Special bonus offer is available only through January 31, 2005.

• Purchase 5 or more copies of WSQ & receive 3 FREE copies of The
Change Agent.
• Purchase 5 or more copies of The Change Agent and receive 1 FREE copy
of The Change Agent.
• Purchase 50 copies of The Change Agent and receive 1 FREE copy of
WSQ.
For more details, visit: http://www.litwomen.org/bundle.html

**** Literacy Center & Community-Based Organizations providing direct
services to adult learners, please write to Mev Miller,
welearn@litwomen.org, to receive complimentary copies of The Change
Agent. *****

------------------------------------
<<>>-------------------------------------------------

Take the WE LEARN Action Pledge

WE LEARN is a membership organization. We STRONGLY encourage and
welcome the participation of members and friends in the work of WE
LEARN. We invite you to take the WE LEARN Action Pledge!
Be a voice. I will speak out for the rights of women to have access to
literacy, basic education, and relevant women's learning resources.

Connect with members of WE LEARN in my region of the country and
develop projects supporting women's literacy in your area.

....and much more.

To sign on, visit: http://www.litwomen.org/pledge.html

Thank you. We wish you a warm and safe winter season and Happy New Year.
Mev Miller

WE LEARN
Women Expanding: Literacy Education Action Resource Network
www.litwomen.org/welearn.html

Mev Miller, Ed.D., Coordinator
182 Riverside Ave.
Cranston, RI 02910