[NIFL-ESL:10340] current events activity--Reagan timeline

From: Anna Silliman (anna@handsonenglish.com)
Date: Thu Jun 10 2004 - 10:20:35 EDT

Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 10:20:35 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Anna Silliman <anna@handsonenglish.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:10340] current events activity--Reagan timeline

Dear Colleagues--

     I've just posted a reading/listening activity
called "A Reagan Timeline" on our website. This is
available at:
www.handsonenglish.com/currentevents.html

     This activity was developed by Jill Kramer,
a teacher in Columbus, Ohio. She has her intermediate
students listen to the story and draw a timeline with the
relevant dates. There are also several alternatives
for beginning level students, and some nice follow-up
activities.

     Although this is somewhat "last minute," I hope
that some of you will find the material useful. Students
always like to work on current events topics--I think it
makes them feel included in what the rest of the country
is talking about.

Best wishes,
Anna
Anna Silliman, Editor